ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wooshing noise help !

H86

black 172
ok bit of a story ..! had my 172 for just over 2 months so theres less than a months warranty left so really need stuff sorted!

when i forst got the car it was making a swooshing noise from the engine bay i took it to a grage to get the aux and cambelt done and they said the waterpump was knackered and no point doing other bits and not replacing water pump so i took car back to the dealers (hour n half drive from were i live :( ) and they said the noise wasnt the waterpump it was the alternator belt so they tightened it up. ANYWAY iv since had belt chnaged along with cambelt and pulleys but im still getting the noise!!:banghead:

can only really hear it on idle , basically as i say just a swooshing noise seems to be in time with the lumpy 'pulsing' lol of the engine while im sat in neutral. im sure its still making the noise but once i pull away the sound is drowned out.

any ideas? and if it does turn out to be the waterpump ( hopefully getting it looked at next week) since i gave the dealer a chance to repair it already and they didnt am i in my rights to just get the work done and bill them???

Lots of Alfas
The dealer should have changed it when the aux belt was off if they knew it had dodgy pump before it was being replaced. The pump is only about £40 from memory and has to be done while the aux belt is off.

H86

black 172
i didnt get the belts done at dealer though they only tightened up my aux belt and said that was what the noise was not the water pump. since then had belts changed elsewhere ( as obviously there not covered by warranty) and the noise carries on..!