ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wordpress help (again) please :)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Yes, I'm an idiot. Please bear with me, I'm not hugely technically minded.

I was building a (really basic) site for someone and using a test url to do so, before they purchased the domain that they wanted. It was important to them that it was a CMS so I decided to use Wordpress.

Anyway, today I got sent an email through with the domain that they were looking to use, and noticed that, in the WP settings there was a section for 'Wordpress URL' and 'Site URL'. Here's a google screenshot to show you where I mean:

wp-settings.png

Like a complete f**king donut, I went and changed both URL's to the new one. Now I can't access my WP Admin panel or anything to do with the site, other than an unthemed version on the original test page.

To top it off, I can't find my FTP log in details for the host to change the config file.

Anyone got any ideas?

I hate web stuff, and yes, I know I'm an idiot :dapprove:

Nissan 350z
You'll need to get the FTP log in details to edit the config file. At least thats how i'd do it.

Also next time look into Joomla instead of WordPress, i made the move and never looked back :)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
You'll need to get the FTP log in details to edit the config file. At least thats how i'd do it.

Cheers, thought as much mate. I'll email the hosting company now, begging. Lol.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Still stuck with this. I've since found my FTP details to access the file manager, but have no idea what I'm meant to be editing in the config file. This isn't fun :dapprove:

Bus w**ker
I f**kING LOVE YOU MUXLOW xxxxxxx

Well, that was easy. Literally just a case of hard coding the URL! :D

And your missus thinks I'm the homo, seriously the Fiat 500 should have cleared up the confusion. But you're welcome. X