ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Works Cooper S still fappin slow!

212-215BHP and still only 0-60 in 6.6secs - tsh - come on, ditch the supercharger and normally aspirate the engine BMW!!!!! or sstart with a decent 2.0litre!!! Looks like me cup has nothuing to worry about then Works Sssss!! still 2 enths of the pace!

Can you get any more detailed figures, or is it just 0-60 and bhp that are available? 0-60 is still a good measure, but Id want to see in-gear figures and gear ratios. If for example it only does 59mph in 2nd, then the 0-60 will not refelct accurately how good it is. The Willy and 16v both have a 0-60 of 7.7, but everyone knows that the Willy is faster because it has more useable torque at lower revs.

The works kit hasnt even been released yet titsize so there are no figures. Think you may be getting confused with Hartge. And it is 0-100 kmph in 6.6 not to 60 mph. In gear times are pretty awsome on the Hartge kit. 0-60 isnt that impressive for the reason of getting its power down. 212 brake is a lot to be going through the front wheels.

i decided against the cooper s despite workin at a bmw dealer as they are slow, overpriced (to get the same spec as a 172 it worked out about 18,000 (for a mini for f*cks sake!!)) plus with all the recalls and quality issues it would have spent more time in the workshop than being driven. on the plus side they handle quite well

I shall see how slow mine is when I go on the CLIOSPORT yorkhire rolling road day in April.. Maybe it is kicking out more power than it should (but I doubt it), cause it sure had no problems keeping up with Rhyss 172 when we went out for a rag in the peaks a few months back. Will be interesting to see how it goes on against the sub 18 second Williams next week Rhys!! (Providing you have the tyres sorted out).

WHAT! £18k for a Mini, is that honestly what they are? :eek:

Cooper S boy - 100kph is 62mph. 2mph isnt going to make that much difference (maybe 0.1 secs), unless like Ben says, they have screwed the gear ratios up.!

Well the mini Cooper S is 14500 but you need to buy the chilli pack to get a nice few extras like xeon lights, 17"s, air con etc etc...... that cost 1375 more i think..... They aint bad cars though.............

H22A7 Accord Type R

my mate from Scotland has just traded his vtr in for a Cooper. It must have that chilli pack as it has xenons n 17s etc.......he loves it! Says wi the traction control etc, and the grip, it handles better as standard than his sax, and that ws dropped -60mm wi bilstein suspension!!! He is comin down to my bit to stay in march, im loking forward to seeing his car. Nice

2 mph makes up to half a second. CTR 0-60 in 6.4, 0-62 in 6.8, MCS 0-60 in 6.9, 0-62 in 7.4. (According to manufactures figures)

Yeah they are expensive for what they are but I had the money to spend and that is what I fancied at the time so that is what I got. At the end of the day do BMW have any problems selling them? Admittadley, probably 75% of MINI drivers are not exactly what youd call enthusiasts, but I wouldnt like to put myself in this class. I am a slight fashion victim though.;)

Just another question .... How many people off here bought their 172s from the main dealer at 15 grand or whatever they are?? I would guess that the majority are imports?? Maybe I am wrong?

I wouldnt buy an import as they are not worth nothing when you sell em.... I would buy from one of those warehouse places they knock them out for 13k

Quote: Originally posted by CooperS-Boy on 20 February 2003

The works kit hasnt even been released yet titsize so there are no figures. Think you may be getting confused with Hartge. And it is 0-100 kmph in 6.6 not to 60 mph. In gear times are pretty awsome on the Hartge kit. 0-60 isnt that impressive for the reason of getting its power down. 212 brake is a lot to be going through the front wheels.

hmmm

Refer to CCC mag. this month for all your hairdressing upgrade needs........admittingly no works yet - I reckon theyre holding back now coz they reralise they had a sh*t package which didnt even match the hartge times or the others - wouldnt reckonit ll be much different from the others when it does finally come out.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

The works package is very extensive

it includes :

Rebuilt s\c
head work
new ecu program
extensive induction upgrades
my view is that 210/215 is wrong

were looking at about 225/230 bhp

the schnitzer (sp) mini S has 200bhp and 221lbft of torque yet it managed only 7.4 to 60 and 18.7 to the ton..

The hartge one did 60 in 6.6 a ton in 16.1

30-70 through gears in 5.4 r something.

I would be suprised if it was 225 -230 bhp Tom but if it is I aint complaining!!! Think I would be cancelling the Hartge put it that way!! I honestly dont know whats going on with the schnitzer car and it costs 7 grand!!!! Quite an impressive torque figure though but it obviousley doesnt shine through looking at those hideous times. JC Works kit comes with a new exhaust system too Tom.

17s still dont know why its that slowish. especially with the power and torque? And why theres a big diff in that and the hartge?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by CooperS-Boy on 20 February 2003

JC Works kit comes with a new exhaust system too Tom.

sorry forgot about that.

i wouldnt go for anything else

at least cooper garages know what they are doing and have bmw backing

they have a had a cooper s engine for ages and they have access to the research of the canned alpina mini

Who was the chap on here that drove the Brabus Smart car saying it was well fast????????

0-60 in 12 seconds!

Top speed - 75mph!

Well fast! :D

Remember though that Cooper garages are experts at tuning the classic mini and not the BMW variety. It is a hole new ball game. Hartge have been one of the leading BMW tuners for 30 year +.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Not that great a point mate

that engine uses no bmw technology (designed and built by DC) so its new to both hartge and cooper

but since cooper was given access first to engines and techinical specs, they are going to be better equipped to offer a better package