ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Worried About Bonnet Faults

Clio expression
Hi

I am a first time owner of a clio and recently I am having problem's in opening my bonnet. I know I have to have to 2 to open it and grease up the catch once its open (which I am hoping to do today) but I have been looking at problems of clio bonnets just swinging open on them and that its a known fault for Clio's.

I am due to go Cornwall in a few months but now I am worried about driving on the M6 in case my bonnet swings open!! :S

Are there checks I can get done to avoid this happening?

I'm sorry in advance if this has been in a post before! :star:

Clio 172
As Dave said. But I think you might be over thinking things!! It's a rare thing to happen. As long as when you shut the bonnet, it's closed properly (drop the bonnet from waist height and it should shut and lock! Don't ever push down on it as you might dent the bonnet!) you will have nothing to worry about. The failure happens when the safety catch (the secondary plastic opening bit!) snaps. The bonnet release inside the car would have needed to have been pulled or the bonnet not shut properly because of a failed locking mechanism for that to be the only part holding the bonnet closed. As long as your bonnet closes proeprly, you will be reet!!!

Clio expression
Thank you for your replies. So if i grease up the catch now due to it not opening it will it still be ok? I think reading all the stuff I have just found has just worried me.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Just WD40 it, that should make the catch move a bit easier.

I've been on here years and I could count on one hand
the amount of people that have had their bonnets fly open and there are alot of Mk2's on here.