ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WORRYING PETROL SMELL!

Clio Dynamic 1.2
Right I've got a cra**y little 1.2 Dynamic, which has actually not been bad at all since I've had it apart from the max speed of course, I have recently been experiencing a smell of petrol in the cabin trough the vents I believe and outside the car just after I start the car and sometimes when I pull over, I am not sure where this smell is coming from to be honest. I have just recently changed from normal unleaded to premium? Not sure if that would make any difference at all? I haven't had many problems with it :/ also to mention the car has also started to turn itself of after around 3-4 seconds from starting it up? It will start up again straight away and be fine but it does that really quite regular.

I am really worried about the smell though because people say its really dangerous! Maybe anyone has an idea of what it could be and how much it will set me back to have it repaired or maybe it's something I don't even need to worry about? Cheers for all replies in advance anyway!

Get it checked out asap mate, used to have a clapped out fiesta that would give off a real strong smell of fuel over about 3k rpm, it turned out to be a dodgy clip on the line that was spraying/leaking fuel out over the top of the HT leads. Recipe for disaster! When it came to get picked up, the person drove it off my drive way and it clean blew one of the line off due to the pressure and failed clip.