ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

worse colour cliosport to keep clean?

silver cup packed FF 182
im hunting for a titanium silver clio but the black/gold looks lush when clean but im thinking black maybe a nitemare to keep it clean?

silver cup packed FF 182
sounds sad but ive seen a lovely black/gold 182 but only thing that puts me off is the whole keeping it clean scenario lol

Beetle
my last car was black and it looked stunning when clean, only lasted a day though then you noticed all the dust:dapprove:

silver cup packed FF 182
yeah had problems myself when i used to own a metallic wicked red saxo vts,used to get it really nice and clean then next day even if the weather was good it still look as if i hadnt cleaned it.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
black gold more than makes up for being dirting when its clean, especially now the summers coming up. I can see what you are saying but don't let it put you off if you really like the colour. A good clean once a week is all you need and then regular polishing and a good coat of wax.

I had the same thoughts before buying my black gold but have no regrets now about the colour, I love it especially when the sun is out.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
i've had a fair few cars, but they were all black. it's a nightmare if you like your car to look clean most of the time.

when i got the 172 i chose titanium, i don't regret it all all.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
black is immense when clean, but doesnt last long and you need to clean it often for it to look guid.

If your not a detailer or can be ersed id say avoid

silver does well at hiding muck and dirt, but the downside is when youve washed and polished it you cant really tell the difference!

black you get lots of rewards when its mega highly polished but it lasts for all of 20seconds. lol

Black 182 w/ cup packs
Main problem with black is the road salt in winter turning it a greyish mess - bloody freezing to hand wash at that time of year of course and then its ruined once you're off the driveway. At least in summer it can still look shiny for days apart from the rear once it rains. Stunning when clean and sunny...

1998 BMW e46 323i
think my pearl black looks great when proper dirty in winter.Got better things to do with my weekends than washing my effin' car

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
All the arse ends of clios get full of s**t , all the water and crap seem to run towards the back , must be something to do with the shape of em . Even more so if its waxed and set off with it covered in water , everything shoots off the roof, down the back window and onto the bumper , lol .

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Black Gold!
Black Gold!
Black Gold!
Black Gold!
Black Gold!
Black Gold!
Black Gold!
Black Gold!
Black Gold!
BLACK GOLD!!!

What a fecker to keep clean!!!! ;)

D.

I pc'd my Black 172 last weekend, looked mint however it lasted about 2 days before the dust settled on it making it dirty again :(

Go for Titanium!

silver cup packed FF 182
titanium is what i want if i can find a decent ff sport is a artic blue colour easy to keep clean or does that get dirty pretty quickly?

Clio 182
Rhys182 said:
black gold more than makes up for being dirting when its clean, especially now the summers coming up. I can see what you are saying but don't let it put you off if you really like the colour. A good clean once a week is all you need and then regular polishing and a good coat of wax.

I had the same thoughts before buying my black gold but have no regrets now about the colour, I love it especially when the sun is out.

Have to agree with Ryhs182, when the sun shines so does black gold.

106 GTi
Black is hard (infact understatement - it's a total mare), Silver is easy, Blues in the Middle!

Meg 225 with cup packs.
shaun_cliosport said:
titanium is what i want if i can find a decent ff sport is a artic blue colour easy to keep clean or does that get dirty pretty quickly?

Look no further than the for sale section matey. You're only up the road from me as well;).

TDI tyre shreader
Silver is best for not having to clean i think the last time i washed mine was around a year ago hahahaha, im really not into cleaning my cars, the wheels look like they have been gun-metaled but its just brake dust!!!