ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

worth getting?!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 2002
Interesting, is there anything i can pick up to give the car a bit more of a growl instead of the chuk chuk noise im getting at the moment

Dont say 'buy a 1*2'

Dont be that guy mate

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  335d
honestly I wouldn't do anything. I often had this problem with my old Lupo but decided it was what it was and it was only silly to try and pretend it was quicker or sounded better than a 1.4. If you've ever heard a small engine with an induction kit (from the outside) it's very very obvious when they are flooring it as you can hear the vacuum of the throttle body being fully open but the car still accelerating very slowly. Unfortunately it only sounds good to the owner.

Problem with induction kits on smaller engines is that the factory air box is more than good enough (can easily supply all the air the engine could ever want) and is likely to give you a better cold air flow than an aftermarket kit. A panel filter you'd also be incredible disappointed with the noise change, as was I in the Lupo, there is none! If there is it's placebo.

For a little more grunt maybe you could remove the centre silencer as this would be fairly discreet however I'm not sure if this is possible on the 1.2

Your time will come so I would just be happy with what you've got :) I personally prefer sleeper cars which destroy everything but look slow, get a DCI 100 not a 1*2 ;)

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   1
  Astra VXR
Good advice there. We've all been in the same situation... I had a 1.0 12v Corsa as my first car and put a huge induction kit on and exhaust, at the time I liked it but looking back it was a bit of an embarrassment. It's a stage everyone into cars goes through lol so if you've gotta do it, then do it. But seriously, power/noise wise it's just not worth it on anything that's not got a bit of power behind it.

If I were you I'd put some nice 15's on and lower the car a bit, maybe a splitter etc. and leave power mods for the future :)

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Custom Stealth exhaust? That is what I got for my 1.4 16v, made by prospeed in Cardiff, cost £350 and I got a couple of bhp from it with others mods.