ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Worth the 250 Viper induction

A SHED!

Does anyone have one and do they work at the claimed bhp increase? Thinking about getting one from k-tec.

dunno, as there are no claims for a 16V, my results on the 172 were a peak gain of 6bhp and 10bhp midrage for about 500rpm.

yup and yup....work as well as an air filter can.....and its just that, an air filter.....

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Hmm, an air filter working as well as an air filter ever possibly can..hmm i was expecting a little more..

like what.....15bhp?

it filters air on its way to the engine, i also draws in the coolest air it can in, nothing remotely complex about it.

it also makes a noise like brpbrpbrpBROAAAAAAAAbrpbrpBROAAABROAAAAAABBBRRRBBRRR.

You can get the big mother induction inlet hose to stick out and suck in little fury animals or birds in which case it sounds more like

brpbrp BROAAAAAAchsksgstlskhsfffhhhh -brpbrp - BROAAAAAAABROAAAAAAA

if you drive through a ford it sounds like brp- fatrt-brp pffftt -

I hope you appreciate my musical skills..oh and thats for my BMC. A viper sounds like a pussy, more like miaaaaowwaaooooeeee.

PMSL @philip! Bet its only loud because you add to the effects! My Vipers loud enough for me. Well have to have a sound off!

PMSL ?

yeah I add to the effect all the time. You should see me drive with my windows down screaming like an f-ing maniac. Its really starting to affect my voice. I sound a bit like Dame Edna now, or maybe thats because of the tight fitting 4 point harness. Jeeeeez this is hard work...

if you drive through a ford wont it sound mreo like BRPPPPPPBWOAARRRRR - BANG!

wouldnt a fjord sound mroe like brp -guuurgle....poop?

Ford: "a shallow place where a river or stream may be crossed by wading or in a vehicle"

Fjord lol its a souuupercar mate not a souuuubmarine!! ;)

Nippy white cup

When I get my cup, 1st thing im buying is an IK but im unsure about spending £200+ on a viper. Does a Pipercross/K+N still sound nice as thats probably what Ill end up getting

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 04 June 2003

like what.....15bhp?

it filters air on its way to the engine, i also draws in the coolest air it can in, nothing remotely complex about it.
LOL, I was actually being sarcastic.. read it again..

Quote: Originally posted by Chris nnic on 04 June 2003

When I get my cup, 1st thing im buying is an IK but im unsure about spending £200+ on a viper. Does a Pipercross/K+N still sound nice as thats probably what Ill end up getting
ahem ahem - clearing my throat - now that weve established that the BMC sounds magnifulicient as above, that the viper sounds like a pussy, Id say a pipercross/k&N will sound absolutely luuurvvvely like PPOOOOWWWAAAAAAAAARGHHHHAAARRGGHH BRAPPBRAPPBRAPPP POWAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGHHH (I have to start charging for my renditions..I must)

problem is youll loose 10hp because the filter will suck in all the engine bay hot air. so buy a pussy viper for 220 squids or a BMC he-man filter for 177 squads. ITG are planning an enclosed filter but I imagine thatll cost more than viper/BMC. If youre short on cash, replace the standard air box panel filter with a green/bmc for £35, then replace the weedy inlet hose from the bottom of the airbox with a proper hose and run it to the front of the car behind the lower grille.

am almost convinced that last mod is by far the cheaper and most effective you can do on a 172.

Nippy white cup

Cheers Phil m8. How is the cup btw. Trying to sell my gtt at the mo. As soon as that goes the cup will be mine...oh yes it will be mine......;)

Willy2

I think we should all chip in a fiver and buy one from K tec and put it on standard valver and take it down to BB, also buy a second one for a 172/cup and put it on someones car and again go down BB, and get results and then we can all see if its worth it and the filters belong to the club! Then we can demand a bulk discount from KTEC!proven results get posted up on the boards. Job done cause i think most of us want to find out if the bhp increases claimed are true. We cant expect the club to fork out £500 for two filters!

sounds like a plan, everybody give me a fiver plus 10% service charge, and ill make sure he gets it. :D