ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Worth the money?

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
Ive got my self a 182 cup that I have decated and put an induction kit on and im looking to get a few extra performance bits for it...

Heres what I was planning:
Inlet matching
Light weight fly wheel
Milltek system
Remap (by RS Tuning)

What do you lot think of that? will I have good performance gains from those extra mods?

Chocolate Bar™
i think the only time i'd fit a lightened and balanced flywheel is if i was changing the clutch and felt flush

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
Hmmmm not sure if i will bother with the fly wheel then, I know its a bit of work couse i helped change one on my mates old car (not a clio)

Other mods look good though? should i see good gains combined with my current mods?

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
Yeah thats what i was thinking, had bad experience with cams in the past as well so dunno if i would bother again.

What kind of BHP would i be looking at you think?.... Gestimate like.

So by the end it would be:
Induction (with cold air feed)
GDI Decat
Milltek system
Inlet match
Remap

Chocolate Bar™
very similar list of modifications to makavelli. cant remember the exact bhp reading he got, but his car was rr'd with a standard 182 and his made 12bhp more. so that would be a good guide to use

VRS
very similar list of modifications to makavelli. cant remember the exact bhp reading he got, but his car was rr'd with a standard 182 and his made 12bhp more. so that would be a good guide to use

15.3 bhp extra to be precise lol ;)

although that was with the exhaust blowing so it could be a tiny bit more now its fixed :D

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
Cool, have you noticed the extra power? stoopid question i know but has that extra 15bhp made a noticable difference?

VRS
Cool, have you noticed the extra power? stoopid question i know but has that extra 15bhp made a noticable difference?

there is a noticeable difference over standard yes :D its mainly in the low down pull and mid range ains where its most noticeable :D

imo though the small gains aren't worth the high price of tuning with the clios but what the hell moneys there to be spent eh :D