ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would a 10mm spacer be possible on a 172 with Turinis?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
My car is lowered on Apex -40's and is fitted with Cup Turinis. Would a 10mm spacer be possible and would I need extended wheel bolts?

extended bolts and extended locking nuts (if you have them) should be used... i wouldnt feel safe driving on the shorter bolts with spacers

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
So bolts are a must. Are 10mm spacers too much or should I look for 8mm?

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
when running a spacer that big i'm sure your supposed to use hub centric spacers and they aint cheap

when running a spacer that big i'm sure your supposed to use hub centric spacers and they aint cheap

yeah..

apparently the universal pieces of metal you can get cheap f**k up the inner part of where the wheel sits flush with the hub...

john@2modified sells the proper hubcentric ones i think theyre 40 odd quid a pair. but then you gotta get longer bolts and longer locking wheel nuts on top of that so its quite a bit of money.

Chocolate Bar™
hubcentric would be better but not essential. longer bolts would be essential though. you'll definetely get them on the front, but with the exception of looks i doubt theres any gains to be had in terms of handling but i would love to be proved wrong.

hubcentric just relieves the stress from movement on the hub, but its only 10mm. so unless its going to be a permanent decision i wouldnt bother. just go for the cheapies and then take the decision from there. but you can get eibach pro spacers cheaper than 40quid, and bolts are circa £2 each.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Cheers fellas. I've found some 8mm items now, i'm assuming the narrower the spacer, the less need there is for hubcentric.

Chocolate Bar™
you got it. just make sure when you buy them they describe them correctly. some people put 10mm spacers and the description 10mm per axle, not per spacer.