ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

would wrapping my devalue my car, need suggestions

Clio Mk3
so ive negotiated a resoanlble price for wrapping my car and im stuck between to queries

1. will it suit my car
2. will it devalue my car

any help will be helpful post below :p

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I wouldn't buy a wrapped car. So it limits the market come re-sale.

Reason I wouldn't look at a wrapped car, is I'd be wondering what was under the wrap. Is the paint fudged? Multi coloured? Is there loads of rust that they have wrapped over?

Too much risk.

Clio Mk3
thanks for the feedbacdk reallt understandable, basically i just wanted a change as it is currently in the blue, and was thinking about a change to black and was just thinking would wrapping be cheaper than the actual respray ?

Ph1 track car, Dci
I got quoted £1200 for a gloss white wrap from three diffrent places, thought it was dear and not worth it for a giant sticker. They were all Cheshire based companys though so probably turn there noses up at anything thats not a range rover.

Civic Type R FN2
You can't wrap over rust, it'll be extremely obvious if there's any imperfections under the vinyl since it's so thin. If you wrap over lacquer peel you can plainly see it. So you'll be able to see if there's any problems with the body work. Like someone said it could have a different coloured wing or something..but it wouldn't concern me if I was buying. I'd be buying the car 'cos I like the wrap.

In terms of value it can easily affect it. Just a simple matte black wrap done well could quite easily not damage the value and would maybe push the value up slightly to the right buyer, but if you start putting tacky stickers everywhere and adding flames from the wheel arches then yes, it's going to drastically affect the value.

Basically, you can wrap a car to look after the already pristine bodywork - you can remove the wrap and be left with your brilliant paintwork.

Like with everything though, you get what you pay for. Your mate who buys his vinyl off of eBay who charges £100 and a beer down the pub won't do a decent job - a proper fitter will charge a lot more but you'll have much more chance of the vinyl not falling off and coming out of recesses a month down the line after a heavy frost.

Do it do it do it

As said, one of the best things about vinyl is that it's so easy to take off. One person with no prior experience & a hair dryer can easily de-wrap an entire car in a couple of hours max.

If matt black is worth the money to you and you don't mind the prospect of never getting that £££ back at resale, then go for it.

Might add value to the car if you sell to the right person. If not, yourself you can easily remove it when you come to sell and it won't have negatively affected the value of the car in any tangible way.

Worth having a close up look at some wrapped cars though. OEM paint and vinyl really can be in a different league.

Clio Mk3
As said, one of the best things about vinyl is that it's so easy to take off. One person with no prior experience & a hair dryer can easily de-wrap an entire car in a couple of hours max.

If matt black is worth the money to you and you don't mind the prospect of never getting that £££ back at resale, then go for it.

Might add value to the car if you sell to the right person. If not, yourself you can easily remove it when you come to sell and it won't have negatively affected the value of the car in any tangible way.

Worth having a close up look at some wrapped cars though. OEM paint and vinyl really can be in a different league.

Yeah thanks, I do like the idea of vinyl but cost wise what are looking at, and is it something I'd have to go and get professionally done ?