ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wow! Great car!

Clio 197
Did my fist lap with the Renault Sport Clio 197.

I'm impressed. Bit of a kill story actually. Was chasing a new VW GTI with a professional at the wheel.

I must admit to having a bit of a home course advantage, and I didn't get by until he had a bit of a moment, but what a ball!

I let another professional drive the car for a lap and he was very imporessed, as am I, at just how much the rear can move around. What amazing handling for a FWD machine!

Yep we are going to ahve a lot of fun with these Clios!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I remember your screenname from many moons ago! :S

197 is indeed a very capable car. Did a good test in it around Cadwell! Very well balanced!

Golf 7R
I prefer mine overall to my 172 cup, and to be honest i never thought i would say that...ever!

Last edited:
  Clio 197
I honesly didn't think I would like the car because it is just so bulky looking.

I loved my Williams, and thought the Ragnotti almost too big, and now this...

But damn, it sure manages to move, and is a very rewarding car to drive.

Can't wait to try one of the Clio Cup race cars out. They must be amazing.

Golf 7R
It really does move contrary to popular belief, from point to point with the sublime handling and superb brakes it feels as quick as my 172 cup. Im still surprised i like it so much!

Clio 197
I let a very successful pro race driver do a lap in our car yesterday and he was really impressed. He actually got down on the ground and loked under the back to try and figure out why it handled so well.

We absolutely murdered a couple Golf MK5 GTIs with it, both driven by pros.