ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wow!

Clio Mk1 1.4RT
Went and finally cleaned my car this afternoon when I got home from work. I used Meguiar's Quik Clay System, and AutoGlym Super Resin Polish.

Found the Quik Clay to be the best thing I've bought for it so far! :D Made my paintwork sooooooo smooth, it's like Ronseal! Does exactly what it says on the tin!!!

Going to go and buy all the Meguiar's stuff I need as soon as I've been paid next week!!!

But...

I found the AutoGlym Super Resin Polish quite poor, didn't make the car shine any more at all, it still looked like I had just finished using the Quik Clay, but as I got it cheap through work I thought I might as well give it a go. Used the AutoGlym Perfect Polishing Cloth like it said on the back of the bottle, the cloth absorbed most of the polish!!! :mad:

So I think I'll stick with the Meguiar's line of products and cleaning accessories.

If it's a bit off topic sorry lol.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Glad to hear that you found the claying good m8! I'm wary of it myself - mainly because I fecked up my initial use of it on half of the bonnet, so I've kept it way from my car since then.

AG stuff is ok, I've found, but I know that nothing can rescue the general crapiness of my car's paint-work other than a full blown (and professional) PC session. I'd like to risk doing a PC session myself, but if I got something as basic as claying wrong in the frist instance, I don't hold out much hope for a PC!

D.

Clio 172mk2
i find the meguires stuff wax wise , if u apply it once u get a really nice finish, and u can tell its been done

the autoglym i use as a quick go , if i dont have much time , if u use it once a week or more u start to notice it , only other alternative is to use a few layers of it

Clio Mk1 1.4RT
That was my first go with the Quik Clay, and I just followed the instructions in the pack to the letter, and my bodywork is now as smooth as it was when it left the showroom 13 years ago!! I don't think I'll be using AutoGlym again, I went to www.meguiars.co.uk and priced up everything I wanted and it came to £150 buy at the end of the day I'll be paying for the quality, I understand that concept especially as I work for a Harley-Davidson dealer.

As father and son....
before you splash the cash read a few threads on here theres a lot better stuff out than megs

106 GTi
If you work for Harley Davidon grab some of the S!00 paint Cleanser and S100 Carnuba Wax ( Same products as P21s) much better than than some of the Megs stuff. As Hotshot says there is much better than Megs for the money.

AG SRP - apply with a foam hand pad and remove with a microfiber cloth.
What colours the car as you said it didnt look any shiner? Bear in mind SRP is a very mild polish/paint cleaner, your car may need a deeper polish before the Super Resin.

Clio Mk1 1.4RT
S100 is not available through Harley-Davidson anymore, they basically had a fallout with them and stopped supplying it. It is good stuff but I find it's a bit expensive. We are going to stock Meg's soon anyway so I'll be using at as I will also get it cheap.