ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wrecked my 1.2

No thats not bad indeed, mine is 1500 and my 1.2 was 1600??? work that out lol. Nothing wrong with french cars haha, well either way hopefully you will be able to get a nice 182 or 1.2 clio again.

I declared my 182 look catback exhuast on my 1.2 and was 30 quid when i hadnt been driving a year, so tbh for the wheels u had they probs wouldnt be much extra, but u get a bit of peice of mind atleast. Unfotunatly its not yourself often its everybody else on the road thats the problem.

FF Clio 182
Its a pain but the way they look at it is , if youve had a accident (regardless of fault) you are more likely to be involved in another one (again regardless of fault) its silly like you say you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time but all they do it look on a scale and add it up ! shop about i say got my 182 insurance down from 1100 to £801 and thats fully comp with all mods declared 22 with 2 years ncb! worth doing !!

Sound advice. I will what I get through my insurance then decide what car I am getting.

FF Clio 182
Insurance have decided to write my car off so I just waiting to hear how much they offering me. Also got offered £1200 compensation.

Clio 2, 1.2 16V
What happens to your existing insurance policy if you have a crash and have months left on the policy? I paid annually so i'm concerned

E46 320CD
Surely you never got hurt by that small bump? You claimed whiplash?

He probably hasn't claimed, my mates mrs was in a very minor bump a couple of months ago and she got a call of the 3rd parties insurance offering her £1000 compensation - she hadn't even claimed and wasn't injured!

FF Clio 182
I had this policy just over a months then had my accident. I didn't claim whiplash but I did sprain a muscle in my back. I didn't push for compensation they asked if I had injuries and I said yh, from that they offered me £1200 and money for my car.

Considering the accident wasn't my fault and I was merely in the wrong place at the wrong time, the insurance company want an extra £400 to insure a 182! The system is broken I have to suffer for something that's not my fault!

i agree - the system is proper fcked tbh

but you can't really complain about getting £1200 for a back injury that was apparently not serious enough to stop you swapping out your illegal wheels :p

Clio 2, 1.2 16V
I had this policy just over a months then had my accident. I didn't claim whiplash but I did sprain a muscle in my back. I didn't push for compensation they asked if I had injuries and I said yh, from that they offered me £1200 and money for my car.

So what happens to the rest of your policy?

FF Clio 182
Rest of the policy is still in going but considering they have written of my car I might cancel it and get a partial refund

Clio 2, 1.2 16V
Rest of the policy is still in going but considering they have written of my car I might cancel it and get a partial refund

Maybe you could get a new car and continue with the same policy, might have to pay a little for changing the policy.

On the other hand if you cancel and start a new policy then you'd get 1 full year's worth of NCB next year.

FF Clio 182
Yh exactly the policy is all fully paid off but don't see the point in having a policy but no car. I'm with quote me happy and I wanna get a 182 but they won't insure that kind of car so will have to change policy anyways.

Clio 2, 1.2 16V
Yh exactly the policy is all fully paid off but don't see the point in having a policy but no car. I'm with quote me happy and I wanna get a 182 but they won't insure that kind of car so will have to change policy anyways.

Why not another 1.2?

FF Clio 182
Because I wanted to get 1 years no claims and get some money together so I could buy a 182. I got the money and 1 years no claims so might as well get one.

Clio 2, 1.2 16V
Because I wanted to get 1 years no claims and get some money together so I could buy a 182. I got the money and 1 years no claims so might as well get one.

Do you still have a ncb? did you have 1 year of ncb when you started a protected ncb policy?

FF Clio 182
As far as I am aware I still have my no claims because his insurance accepted full liability. I didn't have protected no claims as you need to have 3 years before you can protect it

FF Clio 182
Just as an update, cancelled my policy after 3 months of taking it out. If you have paid it off fuly they work out how much you are owed then subtract and admin fee what in my case was about £54. Have received the majority of the money I am owed, just waiting on the excess. Kept the policy about a month longer than I needed as i was unsure that if I cancelled I would still get back my excess. The policy cost me £700 so with my refund and my excess they gave me £940, what isn't bad for a policy I only had 3 months. Now got a 182 with a different company and loving every minute of it :) So was a happy ending.