ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wrong engine oil in Renault clio mk2 1.2 16v extreme 2003

Renault Clio Alize
Hi all, just a quick question. My car went into my local garage about 2 months ago for a cambelt and water pump change as well as oil spark plugs etc . Since then I have had this tapping/rumbling noise from that side of the engine and it sounds on the top end not underneath. I have also found that I have a water leak that joins the water pump to the pipes. When I went to collect my vehicle he was still doing odd jobs like checking oil etc. I noticed he used some oil from a big barrel. I would assume it's some sort of universal grade oil??!!

We thought the noise could be a noisy baring on the alternator but we removed the belt and it was still there. It's noisy when the engine is hot after the choke is off.

So now I'm wondering whether it was the right velocity for my car and that my tappets are starting to knock due to it being to thin or something. Is this possible?

Also with the water pump leaking, could it be a faulty pump? Losing compression??

I have not had a chance to pop into my garage as if yet to ask him but hoping to today.