ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WTF are these... !

Buy one if you want to die lol, if you crash going that fast in one of those its usually fatal,

thats why they banned the Metro 6R4s in rallying as well because they where so fast,

and the fact that the kept hitting spectators.

Quote: Originally posted by ClioDude on 19 June 2005
Buy one if you want to die lol, if you crash going that fast in one of those its usually fatal,thats why they banned the Metro 6R4s in rallying as well because they where so fast,and the fact that the kept hitting spectators.

your wrong but hey ho :)
it wasnt 6r4s that were killing people

Quote: Originally posted by McBunny on 19 June 2005

Quote: Originally posted by ClioDude on 19 June 2005

Buy one if you want to die lol, if you crash going that fast in one of those its usually fatal,

thats why they banned the Metro 6R4s in rallying as well because they where so fast,

and the fact that the kept hitting spectators.

your wrong but hey ho :)
it wasnt 6r4s that were killing people

I know it wasnt just the 6r4s they banned, they banned the whole class because of the danger

As ClarkieV6, he has one for hill climbing I think?

Std Road ones where only 160bhp 1.4 litre engine, Mid Enined RWD but weighed less than a tonne :)

The Maxi rally version was 350bhp, but not road available.

The 5 Turbo 1/2 where one of my first loves in cars, that why I bought a V6 255, they are out of the same stable :)

Simon.

LY 200

Them aswell as the 6r4s are rank if you ask me!!!

As said before the 6r4 looks like it should be on barryboys with all those bolt ons!!!

Quote: Originally posted by SimonV6 on 19 June 2005
As ClarkieV6, he has one for hill climbing I think? Std Road ones where only 160bhp 1.4 litre engine, Mid Enined RWD but weighed less than a tonne :)The Maxi rally version was 350bhp, but not road available.The 5 Turbo 1/2 where one of my first loves in cars, that why I bought a V6 255, they are out of the same stable :) Simon.

They are??

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

thats a turbo 1 in the first pic i think not a 2...

the maxi is the grp b car not the turbo 1 and 2...

the clio v6 is a poor attempt at a copy of the turbo 1 and 2 in a clio shell ...

A well built VW

it was the ford rs200 that got group b cars banned by ploughing into a crowd in Portugal IIRC on its second outing killing several peple

Quote: Originally posted by The Big Yin on 19 June 2005

it was the ford rs200 that got group b cars banned by ploughing into a crowd in Portugal IIRC on its second outing killing several peple
Lancias lead driver, Henri Toivonen, was dominating the 1986 championship and the Tour de Corse rally when his S4 left the road during a twisty tarmac stage. The car went off the edge of the road, hitting trees and rocks while sliding down a hillside. Toivonen and his navigator, Sergio Cresto, were killed. There were no witnesses to the crash, and the subsequent fire completely destroyed the car, leaving the remains unrecognizable as a vehicle. The heat from the fire was so intense that all that remained of the car was a blackened space frame. Group B and Group S were instantly cancelled for the 1987 season; Ford and Audi withdrew from Group B immediately. The other works teams decided to see the season out.

Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 19 June 2005

the clio v6 is a poor attempt at a copy of the turbo 1 and 2 in a clio shell ...

Typical type of stupid remark I have come to expect from you pal.

Let me see, Turbo 1 and 2 was based on the Renault hatchback at the time namely the Renault 5, its been turned into a Mid engined RWD 160bhp car.

Move on today and the V6 255 is almost the same, based on the Renault hatchback of the day, namely the Clio, its been turned into a Mid Engined RWD 255bhp car.

Seems like a good attempt at the turbo 2 class of car if you ask me, plus it has a higher power to weight ratio and better top speed.

The Turbo 2 was bloody expensive when it first came out too.;)

Simon.

ST

^^AOL = gash BTW! It trys to take over the full bloody PC!

Cool lookin model though!

[Edited by 16vClio on 19 June 2005 at 10:02pm]

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

Quote: Originally posted by SimonV6 on 19 June 2005
the clio v6 is a poor attempt at a copy of the turbo 1 and 2 in a clio shell ... Typical type of stupid remark I have come to expect from you pal.Let me see, Turbo 1 and 2 was based on the Renault hatchback at the time namely the Renault 5, its been turned into a Mid engined RWD 160bhp car.Move on today and the V6 255 is almost the same, based on the Renault hatchback of the day, namely the Clio, its been turned into a Mid Engined RWD 255bhp car.Seems like a good attempt at the turbo 2 class of car if you ask me, plus it has a higher power to weight ratio and better top speed.The Turbo 2 was bloody expensive when it first came out too.;)Simon.

ahh but what you are forgetting, the turbo 1 and 2 handled and went round corners fast... the v6 doesnt !!!

v6 owners come with a free fitted chip on there sholders... turbo 2s didnt :p

i have only seen 1 maybee 2 turbo 1s or 2s on the road... compared to the mass produced clio v6 which is getting more and more common :p

im with malice, the turbo 1 and 2 cars were made purely for homolgation, the v6 wasnt

another thing that really pisses me off with the v6 is the weight of the thing, cos renault couldnt be bothered to make all new wings and decided to add aload of fibre glass
to it funny when people on here sl*g off 1.2 peeps for doing that and renault do the same to there top spec model lmao

one off arches etc, and they could of shaved off about 200kg lol

another thing that annoys me is the output of the engine, its pants for a 3.0 look at what bmw, porsche etc can get out of there engines, and its just plain laziness, its not to much to ask for 90-100bhp per litre 270bhp would be fast, 300bhp would be real quick, a missed oppuntity, i still love them as i am a reno nut and they cant do wrong but i will pick holes in them

oh and btw you could specify a 200bhp upgrade through the renault dealer on the turbo2 200bhp 900kgs rear drive vs 255 and 1400kg lol, all over

oh and you get blagging rights cos u can say you are driving a toned down rally car pmsl

The reason they was band wernt from the cars being to fast or crashing into spectaors it was because they wernt passing the build regulations. the cars was being built so quick and with no sfaty checks that they was becoming to dnagerous for anyone to use. the rs200 was a major player in this ban and most of the old evo spec rs200 had been sold for scrap and dismantled.

dont think i have ever seen an evo spec once. have seen the road production models but no evo :(

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

was a rs200 evo at trax last year i think...

and metro 6r4s are beasts... look at will gallops... did a 0-100-0mph speed test... 8 seconds !!!!!!!!!!! no other car there matched it ! i think including enzos

v6 owners come with a free fitted chip on there sholders... turbo 2s didnt :p

You are the only person here with a chip on your shoulder mate..... but looking at your car I can see why......lol:devilish:

But I expect from your vast experience of Turbo 1, 2s and V6 255s you would know (or like to think you would...lol)

Simon.