ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo 182, where to go next?

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182, E46 M3
Unsure of the bolt pattern, be interesting to see if its somewhere near. There is a possibility as i think Adey used a 172 sump?

Also cable shift and hydraulic clutch from memory. Kangoo dci hydraulic pedal box would solve clutch issue and fit twingo shifter. Clutch and shafts to sort.

I’ll have to go back and read the thread, can’t remember now. Unless you can shed any light @Adey. ?

Sounds like the twingo box needs to be investigated as it could be the answer to the issues!

Aye…. Quite possibly. It’ll be closer to Christmas but happy to buy one and see if it seems feasible when I pull the engine. I’d just need some steer as to which one.

It would be absofuckinglutley splendid if it fitted the block and used the same shafts 🤞

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
I ran a Jr5 modus diesel box in my Twingo.... long but great for big power and top speed runs. Fitment should be the same as the Twingo box though.

Hydraulic clutch actuation and cable shift, shaft fitment is also different, they have the more modern style inputs into the box rather than the bolt in spider gear style of the jc5

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182, E46 M3
I ran a Jr5 modus diesel box in my Twingo.... long but great for big power and top speed runs. Fitment should be the same as the Twingo box though.

Hydraulic clutch actuation and cable shift, shaft fitment is also different, they have the more modern style inputs into the box rather than the bolt in spider gear style of the jc5

Was that with a F4RT block? I cant remember if they are the same bolt pattern as the F4R to mount the box to the block but suppose it wouldn’t be the end of the world to tap a couple of bolt holes as long as it lines up reasonably well.

Theres quite a bit of overlap with the twingo stuff so could maybe use twingo hubs and shafts on the Clio. Or go imaginative and fit the Clio outer CVs on the twingo shafts.

The JC5 I’ve got to fit is a DCi box. The standard 182 ratios are fine for revving the F4R when it’s NA but longer ratios would suit the turbo much better

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182, E46 M3
I modified my f4rt back to the f4r gearbox bolt pattern.

Ah perfect. So in theory then a jr5 should bolt straight onto a 182 block?

If that’s the case it’s just the cable shift (reasonable f**k on), shafts (potentially massive f**k on) and hydro clutch (minimal f**k on)