ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WTF BBQ

Integra Type-R DC2
I bet I probably would! I had one pull up next to me the other day, did look mint.

If I could afford to run two cars, id probably atleast consider one as a weekend toy/project car, but as it is I can only afford to run one.

hmmm

rx7s, look ok from the front, dont like the back

also dont like the big plastic wrap around dash, same as why i dont like the big plastic wrap around dash in the supra.

hey ho!

thing i do like about that blue/red one is the engine, cant beat the sound of a nice v8!! much better sound than the wankel, which sounds a bit flat in my view..!

Audi TT
The UK spec being cheaper to insure is generally BS so I found. In fact it is often harder to insure as nearly every single company you speak to can't find it on their system so can't even give you a quote!

I personally much prefer the UK spec bumper as in built rear fogs and normal number plate looks better than square jap plate and dangly fog. :p

most i got out of it was 26mph

lol saxo is quicker :rasp: nah just playing. Okay and im really not being arsey as i dont know please tell me, Ok obviously an engine which is treated badly will not survive in whay every car. But why do the rx-7 have a really bad name? Your obvoiusly a man who dont care about costs as you said you had a 200sx. My mate has an s13 and that aint too cheap to run. When i think of 200sx i think drift car when i think of rx-7 i think broken down and expensive.

Audi TT
RX-7's have a bad name because people don't understand the wankel engine design. People buy cheap poor examples imported from Japan which end up going pop. They then don't know where to get it fixed so sell it for peanuts and slate RX's to everyone who will listen. Next thing it's now gospel that all RX-7's go pop and need a rebuild every 40,000 miles which isn't true.

If you buy a good example and look after it then it will last. Even if you do need it rebuilding during your ownership then if you have it done sooner rather than later (i.e. before a seal goes) then most of the bits are re-usable and brings the costs down considerably.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
as g star said, if you buy a shitter they will go pop, buy something with compression tests and that has been treated well, mine came with a box full of receipts, it needed some tidying up but it was a good runner!

the engine is so simple when you get your head around it, 3 moving parts and thats it! the e shaft and 2 rotors! they rev to 9k, the tips will wear down, in the same way piston rings will wear down eventually, but they are easy to work on and there are dvd's to show you how to do a home rebuild its that simple... however it prob works out better going to a propper builder who gives you 12 months warentee on the engine that way if it fails its replaced free!

and to the post saying the wankel sounds flat?? are you mad lol? a stock wankel on a straight through exhaust sounds sexy as f**k lol, a wankel with a bridge or periphial port sounds even sexier lol!

gstar i prefer the jap rear plate... and i dont have a dangly fog, my fog is in the second reverse light :)