ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WWDC 2012 -- June 11-15

Anyone else tried this thing on the music volume slider when you tilt the phone left to right? Simulates the change in reflection, smooth.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Inferno 182 CUP
11/128/4 ..

Its only a web browsing/itunes listening machine and its blistering fast to do those things ... very nice i must say!

Weighs bugger all and so easy to take for a s**t

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
When you are paying so much for an un-upgradable air, I don't know how you can justify such poverty spec.

Inferno 182 CUP
When you are paying so much for an un-upgradable air, I don't know how you can justify such poverty spec.

A machine with the newest ivy bridge processor 4GB RAM and a 128GB SSD?

hardly poverty - didn't know you needed quad core i7s for web surfing?

It performs faster on geek bench than a 2010 Mac Pro tower so .....

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it's not bad, I'd probably go for the 8gig just because if it was me, handy for the VMs I run but then again would I be doing that on an 11inch Air anyway ;)

One of those things, I have no need for one, but I want one.

Although combination of the new Ivybridge chip, ability for 8gig and the fact I'm now not using ethernet heavily for work as I was when I got my MBP is a 13inch Air the answer.

I'm away once a week with work and leave my own laptop at home as the 13inch isn't the lightest, coupled with my work machine and crap laptop bag that hardly has any room it's not worth the hassle. But an Air would make things easier.

Or I just buy an SSD for the MBP to speed it up.

Clio 182
Same as my brother. Crazy money!

They are quite pricey, went for the 2.7Ghz processor and 16Gb ram so opposite end of the poverty scale lol! Luckily I could take advantage of the Mrs' uni discount which helps some what, 15% off, £70 app voucher and 3 year warranty included!

Audi S1
They are quite pricey, went for the 2.7Ghz processor and 16Gb ram so opposite end of the poverty scale lol! Luckily I could take advantage of the Mrs' uni discount which helps some what, 15% off, £70 app voucher and 3 year warranty included!

Lol nice spec! I'll stick with my iMac :)

How did u get the £70 iTunes voucher? Did they send it to you? Also when you say you got apple care, was that you payi g £50. Only asking because my brother ordered his and I'm not to sure he knows about this lol

Clio 182
Lol nice spec! I'll stick with my iMac :)

How did u get the £70 iTunes voucher? Did they send it to you? Also when you say you got apple care, was that you payi g £50. Only asking because my brother ordered his and I'm not to sure he knows about this lol

As Sym0n has stated it is some back to school offer thats on for students. I haven't received any of my items yet as it stated the 3-4 week wait for the Macbook and stated all the other items I ordered would come at the same time so I presume the £70 will come as a voucher with my order.

As for the apple care, you get 3 years repair (parts/labour) warranty as per the usual apple care free of charge, however you only get 1 year telephone support. You are able to pay an additional £60 for the telephone support to be extended to 3 years however if you wish.

I hope this helps!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Its not all smooth sailing, my xbox app no longer works.

f**king app store too....everytime you do anything in it, you get.

"App Store" requests permission to access your Facebook data, and to port on your behalf.

Click "Don't Allow"...

Search some more...

"App Store" requests permission to access your Facebook data, and to port on your behalf.

Argh!

Bus w**ker
Its not all smooth sailing, my xbox app no longer works.

There was an update for that this morning I think (I may have imagined this though). So far apart from the Facebook notification noise being hit an miss when it wants to play the sound I've chosen or Tri Tone I've not had any other problems and it seems really stable, obviously now everything will crash. Read about a few apps crashing on opening though.

Not had that problem with the app store either.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Does anyone know if the HDMI port on the new MBP will support inbound signals too (such as XBOX etc) ?

I'm wondering how Windows will handle the resolution of the new MBPs. I don't know about Windows 7, but my previous Microsoft experiences of high resolutions with small screens has been less than positive. I've had to use large system fonts, which is fine, but that often caused bugs in many programs.

Will retina MPB users have issues when running Windows?

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
£1200 for a MacBook Pro retina in Hong Kong with student discount. Anything extra cost I have to budget for? I'll be going through nothing to declare at LHR at 5am.

Bus w**ker
I'll be going through nothing to declare at LHR at 5am.

http://www.heathrowairport.com/help/contact-us

Interesting comparison between Google maps and Apple maps here, Apple maps looks really.. basic. It is to be hoped they do alot of work on them before they release iOS6.

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2012/06/google-maps-vs-apple-maps-a-side-by-side-comparison/

I do still prefer Google Maps but Apple's version isn't too bad, just pissed that turn by turn hasn't come to the 4. I fully expect Google to release a maps app with every feature currently available to Android to the Store shortly.

BG 182
Got ios6 installed on my 4 this afternoon and although ive not got all features available, so far it's great.

• maps is a big improvement, step by step guide is nice but can't wait or turn by turn when I upgrade.
• call reject and message is great and a feature I will use daily with work
• photo share option looks great and more of a finished product over the standard list it used to be
• do not disturb is a fantastic option for myself as a shift worker
• the light blue theme is a nice refreshing change

The only thing so far is; when texting, typing speed and clicking is laggy and out of sync. Anyone else found this or any other problems?

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Yeah I get some lag here and there. For a beta it seems very solid so I'm sure they'll f**k it right l on b2