ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WWDC

Clio 1.2 16V
^ Yep, don't need a jailbroken iPhone. All you need to do is find the .ipsw file for your phone and update through iTunes. Also anyone wanting to try this back your phone up, just incase it goes tits up and you need to restore back to iOS6 lol.

Clio 1.2 16V
Haha at worst it'll say it needs activating because you're not an Apple developer so you'll need to restore back down to iOS6, but its working for a lot of people who don't have developer accounts.

I did mine the legit way, and I'm sure I read a warning on the developer site that its not possible to go back to iOS 6.

EDIT: Just rad from that link that apparently it is possible.

320d M Sport
Well... The above linked seems to have worked??

I don't have a developers account and seems ok...?

ypu6yvy2.jpg

Did mine the same way. I assume they've stopped the authentication checks due to the massive amount of new UDIDs attempting to be registered.

No problems so far. The betas only last so long before they run out and you need to update so I think there might be some problems then, but I'll probably end up registering my UDID before then anyway.

Surely Apple are trolling you? They'll probably remote brick your phones in a few days lol

Quite possibly. You can register your UDID for $5-8 through a third party so I'll try that first when they're accepting new registrations, if not I'll just revert back to iOS6.

320d M Sport
Quite possibly. You can register your UDID for $5-8 through a third party so I'll try that first when they're accepting new registrations, if not I'll just revert back to iOS6.

Thing Is. Your phone would have backed up to cloud before then. You then restore to ios6, do u loose ur data etc as technically it'll be a ios7 backup?

320d M Sport
Bottled it. Downloaded ios6 from interweb and am now restoring from there. Shame, 7 did look miles better!

320d M Sport
TBF I felt that £60 was a reasonable price to pay for a dev account. Staying legit is the way forward.

Yea I think you're right Roy, is that yearly? Why stick hookey software on a £700 phone that you use everyday.

I'd be gutted if they zapped it.

Yeah it's for one year.

TBF they probably can't remote brick your device, but anyone in doubt should IMO revert back to iOS 6 whilst they're still able to do so. Could be a potential disaster if your dodgy iOS 7 becomes crippled (if that's possible) and you're also not able to revert to six.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I paid some randomer £2.22 on eBay. If it goes tits up, i'll just pay for another one to get my UDID added again. Although they did say it was for 12 months.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Dont dick about with the beta unless you either dont rely on your phone to work as it should or have a proper dev account. (or both)

The Beta expires and sometimes requires a different version of itunes to install. They dont always use on device updates either.
​Yes its fun to play with, but its a beta for a reason. Be aware.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I used one years back, the iOS where they brought in OTA updates (4 think). That was like that, I did the same thing then, eBay seller. But every subsequent beta needed to be installed via iTunes as OTA was not operational. We are yet to see if iOS 7 will work like that.

I echo what Tom says, I know what i'm doing but if you're just the casual user stay safe and keep on iOS6. I may even go back yet, i'm finding the battery life is suffering at the minute.

Last edited:

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Dont dick about with the beta unless you either dont rely on your phone to work as it should or have a proper dev account. (or both)

The Beta expires and sometimes requires a different version of itunes to install. They dont always use on device updates either.
​Yes its fun to play with, but its a beta for a reason. Be aware.

This.

It's something that you do maybe once before you realise that things break. There's no guarantee that beta 2 won't introduce as many bugs as it fixes.

I wouldn't be using one of these UDID resellers, it's against the terms and conditions of use and apple will and DO cancel these accounts for breaching the terms and conditions, it's fairly obvious if a new dev account gets created and suddenly all devices are accounted for that they need to check that's a legit dev account.

Rav4
If you want to play. Don't be tight and get yourself a real account.

I would be very wary though, possibly could lose data and have quite a few issues.

Have fun though.

In the end I just ponied up the £60 for a dev account and did it properly. Not worth the hassle of possibly ending up with an unusable phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
If I have £50 in iTunes vouchers, could I redeem them and use against the $99 developers price?