ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox 360 HDTV, optical etc

Lee

BMW M2C
I wouldn't, the quality will be s**t. We've got a few like that at work. The genuine ones are far better.

Get yourself a genuine MS component one an an optical cable for your audio.

Don't f**k up your nice new system with a shitty cable. lol

Lee

BMW M2C
We've got a few connected with VGA here. Personally I can't see any difference between that and component. I guess a lot depends on the screen. That's on PC monitors and Samsung 26" Hi Def screens.

i keep hearing vga looks washed out but i think its all down to the tv that your putting it through but if i was you id use component through the yam amp

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I'm confused, i was gonna go optical from 360 to amp, component from 360 to TV and then what from tv to amp?

Focus ST-2
Clart said:
I'm confused, i was gonna go optical from 360 to amp, component from 360 to TV and then what from tv to amp?

depends what audio output your tv has, some have optical but most are just the two phono ports, red and white.

Most AV amps have video through. This is used for auto siwtching and also for the OSD for the amps menu. I dont run my video through my amp, personally, but I do have a single composite video lead connected for it's OSD.

optical from 360 to amp
component from 360 to amp
then component to tv from amp

the yam amp is also a switch for component interfaces

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Clart, if your TV doesn't have any audio outs (mine does but they coincide with the volume on the TV, and you can't turn the TV speakers off so they're pretty worthless really... Sony:rolleyes:)

Then you will need a SCART out on the TV, not all TVs have them, and if you have neither then it can't be done. I use a hefty SCART audio cable from my TV to my AV receiver and the sound is pretty good.

Another idea you could try is getting a set top box, and having the video go from that to your TV (an exceptional video only lead will be the same price as a good video and audio lead), and the sound going to your amp/receiver.

There are many ways, one will always make more sense than the other.

Oh by the way. Don't buy s**t cables !!:rasp:

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Did I mention using SCART for HD ?

Nope.

I use Scart for audio, as my TV hasn't got any coaxial outputs. Clart mentioned linking his TV to his amp, I can only assume for audio, and that is a good way to do it.

rxv359_rtl.jpg

cliokhunt said:

Nope.

I use Scart for audio, as my TV hasn't got any coaxial outputs. Clart mentioned linking his TV to his amp, I can only assume for audio, and that is a good way to do it.

no you link it to the amp for video its an av amp audio/visual

the tv has phono outputs anyway

cliokhunt said:

Nope.

Fair enough. But you can run video through an AV amp. So your assumption would probably be incorrect :) In a discussion about an X360 in HD, SCART didnt really seem relevent that's all ;)

In any case, why would Clart want audio outputs from his TV to his amp?? I'd imagine his audio source will go direct to the amp (via optical), not into the TV by stereo and then back out into the amp??

Last edited:
Roy Munson said:
In any case, why would Clart want audio outputs from his TV to his amp?? I'd imagine his audio source will go direct to the amp (via optical), not into the TV by stereo and then back out into the amp??

to listen to his normal channels/built in freeview from the TV??

mcbunny - where would you connect the TV's phonos on that amp??

'front' on the multi ch input?!

id say v aux but any would do the multi chanel input is mainly for things like pc's with no spdifs but have several audio outs