ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

xbox 360 is it worth it?

none, just walk
im thinking about getting a xbox 360, i already have a ps2 but the games are starting to look a bit boring now, since the ps3 has been put back till forever is there much point getting one of these? i really like the look of project gothem and medal of honor and moto gp is coming out soon it looks amazin!

i would be getting it at dixons on finance, i had a psp for a couple of weeks and it turned out to a waste of time, should i keep my money and wait or get a xbox now?

Lee

BMW M2C
I don't think any games console is worth taking finance out for, but the 360 is superb. It's more down to the intergration of Xbox live and the online play.

I've played over 100 hours of PGR3 now, and have recently been playing quite a lot of GRAW.

Moto GP does look excellent, I'll be playing that one online.

VaVa
They look good, but there aren't any games I've played on one that have made me want to rush out and buy one.

I didn't think that PGR3 played that much different to PGR2 (not a bad thing but I expected it to be a leap forward considering it's next-gen) although it looked gorgeous.

I'm going to to wait until

a) I've got an HDTV
b) Halo 3 comes out
c) They're £200 all in.

Don't want much do I.. lol.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
I owned 2 360's, but sold them until im able to run homebrew code on it... they are impressive machines which are severly restricted by M$ bullshit.

Der Panzer
Had one, binned it. They're good; but not 280 quid good. Even on HDTV the games aren't what I reckon they should be.

Role on PS3.

Although, like Lagerlout1 if Halo 3 comes out....

VaVa
KDF said:
I owned 2 360's, but sold them until im able to run homebrew code on it... they are impressive machines which are severly restricted by M$ bullsh*t.

That's another good point. As it stands, there isn't much my Xbox can't do. I have XBMC as my default dash (Project Mayhem III skin) and it's superb.

1.8 Civic EX
I've got a 360 with no HDTV, it is an LCD but i refuse to get another tv just for the xbox looks fine to me! granted there is a little difference but it's not worth writing home about!

Lee

BMW M2C
Yes, HDTV isn't all that impressive. It's better that's for sure, but it's not good enough to go spending a lot to replace your old CRT provided that's a decent one.

I've got mine on a decent CRT at home and the only noticable difference between the ones at work on HD LCDs is the text isn't as crisp, especially in GRAW and Geometry Wars.

none, just walk
i aint getting a xbox360 for the hd tv thing, i only play it through a normal tv, im worried incase i get one and do what i did with my psp and get a couple of good games but get sick quickly and looking back at it i got suckered into the hype of the thing in reality the psp is still shite, the graffix are shite and its only good cos you can play films on it that why i wanna know if the xbox will be a new toy or something that has a future in a years time is there going to be enough games to keep it going?

RenaultSport clio 182
Its worth getting HD now. I have a 42" HD Plasma and the Xbox 360 looks leaps and bounds over the current gen when its running in 720p. There are a lot of good games out, and a few killer apps due any day (Gears of War, R Evil 5, Halo 3 etc).

Sky HD is launched next month (299GBP for box, free installation) more and more HD channels are being launched, the World cup is going to be shown in HD. PS3 will also be in HD.

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
my mate has 1 and its great...but not worth £280.
Brought my hd tv a month ago in readyness for when good games come out.
Try burnout 4 on the normal xbox...that looks nearly as good! (apart from the glitches)

none, just walk
ive got broadband internet in the room the xbox would be going into, would it be a case of connecting the usb of the internet that normally goes into the pc into the xbox to go online?

VaVa
I'm not sure, but I'd imagine it's a CAT5 connection the same as the Xbox thus you'll need a PC with a NIC using ICS or a router.

mk2 172
in answer to the question, yes!
iv had mine sine a week after launch and if you have xbox it will give you seemlessly never ending entertainment, i have 5 games (pdz,pgr3,cod2, oblivion and GRAW, and in 3 months i have only played cod2 properly, not got started on the others yet i try but am drawn back to it, the online games are the shizzle. one thing i noticed my aim was better on a 28" crt than on a 32" hd samsung lcd lol

1.8 Civic EX
^^ too right! cod2 is sooo addictive but then I got fight night round 3....what can I say!! a little easy but is a truly impressive game...

maybe I'm being stupid but what is GRAW???

1.8 Civic EX
oooh! haha....

I'm not online with mine yet, gotta set up a wireless network as the pc is downstairs and the 360 is upstairs..