ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

XBOX in a car

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

OK I am very close to being a proud owner of a new xbox (Well @ Christmas). I want to be able to put this in the car for long journeys so the other half can watch a dvd or play a game.

I will build a small box to house this in the boot and run cables for the AV into an in-dash pop out screen. I will then run extra long controller leads into the glove box so you can plug the controllers into a plug in the glove box.

Has anyone done a setup like this before ?

I have allready got a 12v to 240v transformer so power is not an issue but mounting the box maybe. Is there some kind of floating unit I can mount this on so it doesnt jolt about and cause problems bit like the oil filled washer they use on normal CD multichangers ?

Also how much for an in-dash TV unit which can take an input from an Xbox and also plug in a normal TV turner etc to it ?

Any help would be fantasic...

Ivan

Lionel Richie

Right then, My TV cost £765 with 6disc changer from Bass junkies in Birmingham Pioneer pop out unit AVH6400 http://www.bass-junkies.comwww.bass-junkies.com Its amazing quality, i think the TV tuner is another £200 The only problem i had was the power transformer caused too much interferrence which cause the screeen to flicker, i had to buy a special transformer (£130!!!!!!!!!!!!)

fred see how you clearly use your screen for a cd player, how does that work whilst your driver. dont they have to "legally" turn off once the ignition starts. or have you simple just disconnected this feature

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

the cd and radio functions usually dont have any functions to stop them working when the car is in motion, it is usually only restricted to the use of the screen modes, dvd, tv etc. But if you dont wire the screen to the handbrake like you are supposed to and just wire it to an earth this overrides it, the only problem is if you use navigation this has to be linked to the speedo (hence it knows when the car is moving), but i guess this can be turned on and off with a switch if need be (although i have never done it). I also put my Xbox in my car for a temporary basis, it was really smart, but the navigations dvd unit is better for watching the films on.

Gaz 2130

Lionel Richie

I just wired the two wires together insteaad of linking them to the handbrake!!! Illegal, but you can close the screen in seconds, i had to do it the other night when i got pulled over for a spot check

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Fred,

Do you find you PS2 DVD jumps when driving along if you passenger is playing on it ? I was going to mount the XBOX on oil filed washers to absorb some of the viabration.

Chavy - there is a place in London where we (as a club) get discount for ICE - so remember to check it out first, just in case (but being a mere mortal I cant remember the name of the bl00dy place!!!) so much for being admin eh?? but my excuse is that I am merchandise, not discounts! K

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Good excuse K ! Cheers for the heads up of the place that I still dont know the name of ;)

OK anyone else know the name of the place ? A starter for 10 points :p

No, I refuse - some of us have work to do during our job days!!!! na na na na !!! tongue out big time, stamping of feet - look for yourself you typical male U !!!! :p