ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox Live £23.99 Today!

Inferno 182 CUP
Anyone on silver there offering a years subscription today on Live for 40% off.

£23.99 :)

Heads up and all that ....

Diesel Barge
Yup just bought mine, i dont need to renew till august next year, but they wont charge me till that time anyway! I'm sure the cheapest 12 months on ebay is around 26 quid, so its a mint deal.

Megane 225 F1
You need a current gold account to be able to take this offer.

Can someone give me a code for a months free Gold please :D

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Your f**king joking, just bought 13 months yesterday as mine was running out :(

Polo + Micra
so you save what £4 now but spend an extra £8 renewal time as the price of live is going up

no logic i'm still out

BMW M4; S1000 RR
so you save what £4 now but spend an extra £8 renewal time as the price of live is going up

no logic i'm still out

What are you on about?

It's normally £39.99 (or £30 if you buy a code off ebay or some website). Getting it now for £23.99 makes no difference to what you'll eventually pay anyway. At least you get it for £23.99 now though.

Inferno 182 CUP
You need a current gold account to be able to take this offer.

Can someone give me a code for a months free Gold please :D

No you dont mate.. i was on silver and upgraded no troubles :)

auto renew @ full price after year one

i'll pass thanks

it does that if you pay by debit or credit card any time - there was an option to turn auto renewal off but they removed it earlier in the year. you have to ring customer services and they will turn it off for you so it doesnt renew :)

What are you on about?

It's normally £39.99 (or £30 if you buy a code off ebay or some website). Getting it now for £23.99 makes no difference to what you'll eventually pay anyway. At least you get it for £23.99 now though.

Huh? If you buy it now its £23.99 which is 40% off. Pretty good considering in Nov its going up to £65 per year.

Clio 182 cup'd

it does that if you pay by debit or credit card any time - there was an option to turn auto renewal off but they removed it earlier in the year. you have to ring customer services and they will turn it off for you so it doesnt renew :)

Huh? If you buy it now its £23.99 which is 40% off. Pretty good considering in Nov its going up to £65 per year.

Where have you heard that it's going up to £65?!

Megane 225 F1

The card I used expired last year and they have been emailing me for months to tell me but I ignored it as I use my mates. They suspended my account. My mate has now gone to uni so I need my acount so had to pay the full whack :(

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Its not going up to £65, its staying at £40 for 12 monthly subscribers but going up £1 a month for monthly subscribers.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2010/aug/31/xbox-live-price-increase said:
Microsoft is increasing the monthly charge for using the Xbox Live Gold service. Starting from November 1, the price will rise from £4.99 to £5.99 a month. Similar increases are being applied in the US and Canada. According to MCV, UK gamers who pay annually for the service will not be affected by the price increase

Inferno 182 CUP
cant find it now .. i actually think its £50 though .. £65 was exageration.

But its going up minimum £1 per month to pay for extra features they have been adding etc etc.

So expect to pay £50 ish

which means £23.99 is less than half price ;)

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I've just freaking renewed 12 months with 2 free, got a good price but not that good, whats the deal? if i get this will it charge me now or later, if later will i still get the 40% off?

Inferno 182 CUP
The card I used expired last year and they have been emailing me for months to tell me but I ignored it as I use my mates. They suspended my account. My mate has now gone to uni so I need my acount so had to pay the full whack :(

ring them up mate - they will sort you out :)

Its not going up to £65, its staying at £40 for 12 monthly subscribers but going up £1 a month for monthly subscribers.

i swear mate i saw it on the official xbox site i promise! Its £1 per month monthly or £50.

Monthly subscribers will end up paying £60 for it over the year

Inferno 182 CUP
think the whole things a con tbh but we love live so we will pay it.

i had a PS3 it was friggin awesome. Graphics were 10/10 and blu ray was immense. But online play - it was s**t :( really really s**t.

Sold it for the new 360S. Regretted it for 2 days and now im on live ive not looked back :D .. cant believe i was without it for over a year! its frigging awesome!

and thats why we will pay the hike :(

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
imo live is still really cheap when you look at how good it is compared to the others.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
its not going up for uk users, unless you pay monthly... which i cant imagine anyone does.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I purchased this yesterday for my renewal which is due in November.

From what I read the UK 12 month price will remain the same but in the US it will increase.