ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

xbox power supply

I was thinking the same thing !

Why would there be ANY problem in using a PSU for an Xbox with an Xbox ? What else would you use ?

:confused:

Using it in his car is irrelevant as all you do is plug it into a car power converter no ? The Xbox PSU is just a nomal lead which plugs in the wall, there is no transformer involved.

Is that what this means?

Region
PAL: Will play on UK Playstation2 only

Although i suppose if it doesnt support playstation 1 it isnt just a simple power supply.

Whats PAL

come on kdf you seem likew the daddy of xboxes on here. Do you think it will work or can you recommend an alternative. Think it was you who recommended maplins but they seem to have discontinued them

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 20 April 2004

Err, what does it matter if its PAL or NTSC ??
I know when they refer to PAL and NTSC its to do with the frame rate and picture size. But dont NTSC systems run 110V or something?

indeed, US systems run on 110v thats why you cant order pcs, consoles, dvd players or anything electrical (running from mains supply) from the states. As for the PAL description on the PSU thats just a short way of saying you can only use it over here!

Be Lucky ;)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Okay just to clear up a few little problem with the above statements.. :)

Illusion, the xbox power supply can accept from 110v to 240v AC at either 50 or 60hz, hence the power supply you get in your xbox is exactly the same as the yanks get.

jimmy_mac, It would only be black and white if you use composite video, if you use component (scart, RGB the lead the xbox comes with !!) the it will be full colour !

Leeroy, US systems do run on 110v, but you can order PCs if you want, the PSU on the back ususally have a 240v/110v switch, all you need to do is switch that and your fine ! I would say about 80-90% of the stuff (dvd players etc) will work no problem in the UK as they have adaptive Power supplies like the xbox which will accept a wide range of source power, one exeption to this is GHD hair straigtners (no they arent mine, but im going to florida and the GF asked me to check her stuff to see if it would work over there)

1.6 16v, I still have the mains invertor from my xbox install, if you want it I will see you it cheap or something cause I dont want it anymore, it will more than handle an Xbox/PS2 and you can use if for other things too. PM me if your intersted.

Clio 1.4, SV650S

that box wiull connect to 12v +ve and ground and then have a wire that goes direct to a PS2.... no 3-pin plugs involved. now the Xbox will probably have a different power suopply socket on the back so it wont work...

u need to get a thing that converts 12v DC to 240ac and has a 3-pin plug socket like on your wall. unless u can find one specific for xbox.