ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend me some PS4 games please

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Last time I played a console was an Xbox something our lad had. I like things like Call of Duty where I can play on my own or go online. Also loved GTA back in the day, so will probably grab that too. Is Forza any good? I could do with a racing game, like Need for Speed etc.

I'm probably just going to order a few from CEX online to be delivered.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Grabbed a couple of COD games and GTA5 from CeX. First time trying, and I get this

20231127_193139.JPG

Does that mean the actual disk is fucked?

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Not sure, it'll probably just download the entire most recent version of it when you stick it in. Is there an old install you can delete then try again?

Or is that literally all the disc throws up?

Ben02

ClioSport Club Member
Assetto Corsa is a very good racing game/simulator that you should try. The main reason it's great is because it actually feels like you're driving a real car, imo you can actually learn quite a bit about driving dynamics from it. You'll never want to use any of the others after trying it. Saying that, you would probably have to spend a bit of time figuring out controller input and output settings so they suit you. The F2004 in the game is superb.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is another option you could consider. It's newer but only has GT3 cars. I've never tried it but others seem to like it.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Wreckfest is great, it's still active online, plus the single player has loads of gameplay to offer.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Not sure, it'll probably just download the entire most recent version of it when you stick it in. Is there an old install you can delete then try again?

Or is that literally all the disc throws up?

That was it. I deleted it and put COD in instead. It then told me I needed to sign into playstation plus to update it. So that's another £47..... And it doesn't want to update that either. FFS, I remember why I didn't buy a console. What happened to just putting a fuckin disc in and playing a game.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Red Dead Redemption 2 was a masterpiece, utterly beautiful, possibly the best game of the generation.

Battlefield 1 was amazing, the single player campaign was beyond compare, EA have not produced anything better since.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
PM me your address and when I go in the loft next week for the Xmas shite, I'll grab TLOU and send it to you.

I've got it again on the PS5 so the PS4 version is sat up there doing nothing amongst some others.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
That was it. I deleted it and put COD in instead. It then told me I needed to sign into playstation plus to update it. So that's another £47..... And it doesn't want to update that either. FFS, I remember why I didn't buy a console. What happened to just putting a fuckin disc in and playing a game.
You don't need to subscribe to anything for the updates, the discs are your licences.

I'd suggest you start with a clean wiped console as you got it used, just reset it to factory, sign in with your PSN account (which is free to create). Put a disc in and it'll tell you to download etc.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
You don't need to subscribe to anything for the updates, the discs are your licences.

I'd suggest you start with a clean wiped console as you got it used, just reset it to factory, sign in with your PSN account (which is free to create). Put a disc in and it'll tell you to download etc.

It was pre-wiped. I might cancel that subscription then as I won't be playing online.

It's currently downloading some COD updates

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, Doom Eternal and Witcher 3 were all epic.

And of course both Last of Us games.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Decided it doesn't want to update COD now either. f**k off. Just fuckin f**k off.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Tlou 1 and 2 are some of the best games I’ve ever played.

God of war is also very good.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Ohhh I had forgotten all about GOW, great game. Short and sweet with lots of violence... perfect for Cookson!

@Cookson I don't think I own a single game on CD, just download them from the PlayStation store - if you sign up to PS Monthly or Plus (whatever its called) you get several free games each month and some of them are decent.

God of War was a free one, GTA SA and quite a few other very respectable titles.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Ohhh I had forgotten all about GOW, great game. Short and sweet with lots of violence... perfect for Cookson!

@Cookson I don't think I own a single game on CD, just download them from the PlayStation store - if you sign up to PS Monthly or Plus (whatever its called) you get several free games each month and some of them are decent.

God of War was a free one, GTA SA and quite a few other very respectable titles.

I've signed up to it now, may as well just let it run if I get free games lol. I was just under the impression you went to a shop and bought some games, took them home to play. Last time I had a console of my own was a PS2 FFS lol

I played some Modern Warfare lastnight for a couple of hours, quite enjoyed it. I'm just miffed why GTA and COD WW2 won't load/update.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I was just under the impression you went to a shop and bought some games, took them home to play.

You still can, but there's everything available on the store.

The free games have been decent in the past, there's been plenty of top rated games on there previously.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Just noticed GTA V is £17 on the PS store. Might just buy that and take this disc back to CeX

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Makes me laugh that some people playing that probably live in a dirty shithole that needs power washing. Yet they will play that game for hours rather than just going and jet washing thier own car/drive/cat.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
So took GTAV and WW2 back. Got a refund. Downloaded GTAV and it's toss 😂😂 really not enjoying playing it at all, I seem to remember it was much better on the PS2

COD modern warfare is alright, but keep getting stuck on parts. I need to remember it's not supposed to be easy, but I bought this to relax with, and it's winding me up.

I don't think gaming is for me at all

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Makes me laugh that some people playing that probably live in a dirty shithole that needs power washing. Yet they will play that game for hours rather than just going and jet washing thier own car/drive/cat.
Yep, spent many many hours on it and I have loads of drive outside that needs pressure washing 🤣

My excuse is I can't do my drive without a window of warm days so I can let it dry and re-sand, and a window of warm days in the UK is fictional, just like this game lol.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
So took GTAV and WW2 back. Got a refund. Downloaded GTAV and it's toss 😂😂 really not enjoying playing it at all, I seem to remember it was much better on the PS2

COD modern warfare is alright, but keep getting stuck on parts. I need to remember it's not supposed to be easy, but I bought this to relax with, and it's winding me up.

I don't think gaming is for me at all

GTA V
Was not out on PS2? 🤣

Havr you got red dead yet?

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Whatever GTA it was back then in 2005 lol

Not bothered buying anything else yet