ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon and squirting Issues !!!!

Black 172
Just interested to know if anyone has come across this same problem. My drivers side xenon light doesnt have the blue look to it anymore like it used to, it is just looking light a normal light. The passenger one still has a slight blue tint to it and they look odd. Any ideas what it may be? could it just be that the bulb needs replacing?. They have been in for 7 years !
Also when the washer jets come on to spray my headlights, they come on at seperate times, so the passenger one squirts then the drivers side squirts after. Is that normal? I just assumed they should squirt at the same time?.

Thanks!

Fiesta ST-3
No idea about your washer jets but your head light bulbs go pink in colour at the end of their life, so you say they have lost colouration so I'd say its time for new bulbs.

"Navy" N17 TWO
You can get the bulbs for decent money on Ebay
Your right xenon washer sounds like it has a little blockage or a kink in the pipe running between it and the passenger side
- this randomly happened mine and didn't have the bumper off or anything but got it sorted anyway :)

I blame the Borrowers

the squirting issue could be deliberate, rather like that of the vw phantom featured in top gear where one squirted after the other to allow maximum light to maintain on the road, however i dont think renualts are that advanced, but the issue with the bulbs should be cured by simply purchasing a new pair of ebay

Black 172
Does anyone know the standard bulb I need to order? aren't they all different, some are bluer than others?

Megane 225
The squirting for the washer jets is spot on. They all work like that. They use the same type of pump as the front/rear window jets. It's a two way pump with each jet attached to 1 output. So the the pump fires 1 way, then the other, hence the odd squirting.

As for the bulbs, renault genuine 1's are around £90 each! I bought a set of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/D2S-6000K-HID...CarParts_SM&hash=item33545e7bea#ht_2051wt_905 for my old 172 and had absolutely no bother with them! I'd get no more than 6k or else they'll be too blue!