ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon Ballast Types

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Putting a new headlight on my E60, replacement didn’t come with any of the ballast stuff for the xenon’s. Not a problem the ones I have are still working so will swap them over…..however it won’t fit

3C3EE7C4-E7F1-4FE7-BCF9-B9B07CA5260A.jpeg

B931F37C-F2A4-47FF-8F5E-EB464140657F.jpeg

Even the mounting points are wrong.
Quick google and I can’t find out what I need. The one I have is a D1S which it says in the other side. I would have thought the fittings are universal for whatever type it is and not some fancy unique BMW spec.
I also needed to swap something else over (the other plug on the light) and that fits fine.
Messaged the seller for some help or to send out the ballast, looks like they must have removed it to seal separate (they are a BMW breaker). They did tell me the light was a direct swap.

Edit: I have just searched their eBay shop and found THIS. It’s probably the exact one that was removed from my light!! Dropped them a message to ask what is what.

Just didn’t know what fitment type I need as if I could go to Halfords and pick one up.

Last edited: