ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon bulb gone pink ?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Hope this is in the right section ? And yes i've done lots of searches with many different answers . The drivers side xenon bulb " sometimes " doesn't come on . I turn the lights back on and it does . The colour isn't quite as crisp and white as the passenger side bulb , it's what i've seen on here as being called slighly pink .

So any ideas ? As said before , i've read that it can either be the bulb itself , the ballast or the igniter .I've never taken the bumper off before myself so if i had a definitive answer it would be easier if i knew beforehand .

Also what does the ballast do ? The igniter obviously does what it says i'm not that thick lol .

Any help would be much appreicated . Also if it turns out to be the bulb , would i be better off putting in 2 new bulbs so they match . I would be replacing with oem 4300k bulbs as i don't want a very blue light like from the 6000k ones .

Any help would be much appreciated .

Thanks in advance , Andy .

SQ5
Its the bulb that makes it pink, but if it sometimes doesn't come on its the ballast aswell.

Astra (H) VXR
Bulb will have gone mate... I had a problem very similar... I would come on but never get as bright as it should then flicker and go off hen not come on at all for a bit... D2S bulbs search eBay £15 quid for a set from hid direct.

BG182FF
i have a similar problem too, sometimes it comes on and most of the time it doesnt come on (passenger side), shall i change bulb or ballast? thanks