ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

xenon bulbs??

clio 172 2004
i have had one of my xenon bulbs go on me and ordered replacement DS2, they arrived and they dont fit !?
the new bulbs have a completely different base to the original.
they are the Osram nightbreakers so i dont understand.
can anyone shed any light ( no pun intended) on this problem please.
clio 172 2004

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Have you been sent the correct ones? Sounds like you've got the halogen version (h4/h7) rather than d2s. I'd start off by checking part numbers in the box against invoice and then contact whoever supplied them

clio 172 2004
Have you been sent the correct ones? Sounds like you've got the halogen version (h4/h7) rather than d2s. I'd start off by checking part numbers in the box
against invoice and then contact whoever supplied them

yeah they were ds2's, i sent them back and got a full refund but i am stumped :/

clio 172 2004
tinypic.com
Does sound a bit weird, don't suppose you have a photo of yours do you?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
2nd photo is te new bulb I assume? And the first is your original?

If so they should twist out of the ignitor

clio 172 2004
no
2nd photo is te new bulb I assume? And the first is your original?

If so they should twist out of the ignitor
bothe the same, the ignitor is the original, its the headlamp the new ones dont fit into :/

Clio 172 Merc ML55
That's weird, I thought it was the ignitor that held the bulb in place rather than the bulb itself

clio 172 2004
20160511_185007.jpg this is the new bulb from the bottom, its different :/

scratch that its the old one again !