ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon headlight problem???

Hi guys, just noticed this over past few days.

I turn on my lights, both xenons are on, all is fine, then i notice after driving 5-10 mins (in reflections of shop windows) the drivers side xenon has gone out, and just the sidelight is on.

Left side is fine though.

I turn off my lights and on again, and it comes back on??

Is the Xenon going/gone or a loose connection?

Its never done it before so..

Any help would be great guys.. :S

MERCEDES CLS AMG
1 - check fuse ( side of dash )

2 - check connections to headlight

3 - check xenon bulb

4 - check charger pack ( bolted to underside of headlamp )

5 - replace if need be ( 3 or 4 )

My diagnosis would be charger pack

Nissan 350z
Is the driver headlight the same colour as the passenger one? The bulb tends to turn a pink colour when its on its last legs. If its starting first time then it wont be the starter pack (which sits on the back of the bulb) its probably more likely to the ballast which is bolted to the underside of the headlight.

Try swapping ballasts between the headlights and see if your passenger one develops this fault.

Right been out to have a nosey, behind the headlight is completely in-accesable (sp)

Its not the bulb or starter, as its bright blue and comes on everytime I turn the lights on.

It must be the ballast thingy, looks like its time to bend over and take it to the garage for it to be sorted... :dapprove:

Anyone know roughly how much ime gonne be robbed of? lol

Clio Trophy / RB182
Probably quite alot of dollar. Although I'm not sure how much ballasts are? Or even if you need to have a new one.

Why don't you just take the bumper off and remove the light properly then have a good look?

If I even attempt to take the bumper off, there is no chance of it going back on lol

Ime ultra-non mechanical haha..

Off to the Garage then, or I could just leave it till summer when I dont need lights lol

Clio Trophy / RB182
I thought this until I did it...actually couldn't be simpler.

Just unbolt the lights...arch liners..and a couple underneath the bumper, and it drops off.

Dont get raped at the garage!