ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon headlights

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Hi guys, can I have a little help please?

picked up a set of xenons, which I wanted for the 182 Trophy. So, went to swap them over but had to switch the adjusters over as the plug is different. So I did this after a little google searching, went to put them in but they felt shorter and I don’t think they slotted in the groove.

Not sure if this was right I offered the lights up and checked them. They worked, even the adjusters on the toggle wheel inside the cabin worked. Now if my ball bearing on the adjuster didn’t slot in, would this still work? And can you adjust the height adjuster ball bearing to come out more?

I noticed there’s slight up and down play in the actual light unit (silver xenon bit)

Can anyone shed some light? The lights haven’t dropped like some I’ve seen.

Cheers

Attachments

• 7C0094AC-81A3-421C-9376-3565E5CE05BB.jpeg
    7C0094AC-81A3-421C-9376-3565E5CE05BB.jpeg
    313.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 3274A93B-2BB7-4792-A313-2A84939F9EC9.jpeg
    3274A93B-2BB7-4792-A313-2A84939F9EC9.jpeg
    281.1 KB · Views: 52

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
The lights should be plug and play with no issues.

I have had 2 sets of xenons on mine and both fitted straight away with no issues, Looks like your seller has fully stripped them as there is no reason to take the adjuster out.

As for the silver insert of the light moving it means the clips are broken inside. These should not move and it should be solid.
If the silver insert is moving it means the full light unit will move so your lights "Could" possibly jump/ vibrate and move when on.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Thanks Mark, sorted now just needed to adjust the adjusters! No movement and nothing broken 😁