ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

xenon issue

1.4 clio & ctr ep3
Hi guys, I recently bought a 182 not realising that the passenger side xenon was out. When I checked the bulb it had blown but had only been changed a month ago as the date was on the bulb. I bougt a new bulb and when i turned the lights on it flickerd and then seemed to blow. There must be too much current going to the bulb and blowing them everytime. What can be the cause of this??

Cheers

Mk5 golf gti
faulty ballast pack under the headlight take em out and swap em round between both headlight to see if it is faulty

1.4 clio & ctr ep3
Iv herd this business with the ballast, what does the ballast actually do? Is it easy to locate on the passenger side without removing the bumper?
I have checked the booster box that fits on the bulb with a multimetre when the lights are switched on and i get a high reading.

Cheers

Last edited:
  Mk5 golf gti
thats the ignitor you checked this doesnt cause a flickering light
you have to remove the bumper to get to it but its 20 min job an you will have to do it as it will cost a fortune getting a garage to fix it.hunt for a cheap ballast if i was you then go from there

ps theres a guide on removing the bumper on here