ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon Light Squrters

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
I seem to have a prob with them on my 172 the passenger side one works fine but leaks all the time and the drivers side hardly does anything, i asume theres a blockage on the drivers side one.

Any body had this problem and any ideas what i need to do, please dont tell me it involes taking the bumper off :S

Cheers

Gaz

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
You have weeping clio syndrome.. think you will need to replace the headlight washer.. costs about 6 quid IIRC, and yes you would need to remove the bumper to replace them.

mk4 golf gt-tdi
mine dont work, but less hassle that way

if you went to a mega strict mot centre they could fail if they dont work, dont think they ever check them though.

if you have xenons you need washers.

Clio 1.4 16V Privalige
Buy a couple of cheap £1.99 NON-RETURN valves from halfords and put them in the headlight washer jet pipes and problem solved. Your washer jets will never leak again. Best place to put them is naer to the jets themselves but if you don't want to remove the bumper then lift the plastic panel on top of the washer bottle and fit them in each pipe there.

monaco blue 172 ..
mine didnt work properly when i put them new balls in mate , i sorted it by moving them into different positions on the headlights it sorted them out and have worked fine since ....i went through 1 n half washer bottles before i got them right lol ,,, but i was on my own so it meant activating the washers and running to front of car lol....

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I never used mine.Just kept the lights clean with some window cleaner in the bad weather

ian

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
Cheers everyone, will leave till summer, and i might take u up on ure offer josh :)

Buy a couple of cheap £1.99 NON-RETURN valves from halfords and put them in the headlight washer jet pipes and problem solved. Your washer jets will never leak again. Best place to put them is naer to the jets themselves but if you don't want to remove the bumper then lift the plastic panel on top of the washer bottle and fit them in each pipe there.

can i ask how a non return valve will fix this? is it just me not seeign soemthing here..

if its fitted opposing the flow, it will either render your washer ets useless by not allowing the water to flow to the jets, but also not allowing the water to leak out! they'll never leak again but they will never work again?

or if its fitted in the irection of flow, it will allow the water to squirt out but not flow back.. why would the water flow back unless you put your mouth round the jet and blew down it?
the washer bottle is still higher than the washer jets so the gravity will still provide a head to force some water to leak out. unless the non return valve makes a resistance against the gravity due to the flap/ball thats in the valve?

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
I had the same side replaced twice last winter under warranty, it may have been due to the freezing temps?

Just in case I make sure the washer fluid/water ratio is quite high in concentration.

I would get it sorted out other wise you will keep running out of washer fluid.

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
^^Joshdee says he can do it in 20mins, yes the bumper does have to come off

Da

Less
I fitted mine to my non-sport and no the bumper wasn't removed even starting from scratch!

Clio 1.4 16V Privalige

can i ask how a non return valve will fix this? is it just me not seeign soemthing here..

if its fitted opposing the flow, it will either render your washer ets useless by not allowing the water to flow to the jets, but also not allowing the water to leak out! they'll never leak again but they will never work again?

or if its fitted in the irection of flow, it will allow the water to squirt out but not flow back.. why would the water flow back unless you put your mouth round the jet and blew down it?
the washer bottle is still higher than the washer jets so the gravity will still provide a head to force some water to leak out. unless the non return valve makes a resistance against the gravity due to the flap/ball thats in the valve?

You got it. Yes the flap in the valve creates a resistance against the flow of water to the jet and stops the water leaking out.