ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

XENON LIGHTS HELP

Hello everybody

could you please give me some advise...i am wanting to put the 172 lights on my dynamique clio...at first i was told they wouldnt go on but now renault are selling them for 499.99 as an extra when buying a clio so they must be possible

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

They are HID Double Optical Xenon lights and would be very expensive to fit the unit cause you need different internals as well as the autolevel function, aparently the bulbs are around £120 a pair but come with a 5 year guarantee but not to sure how true this is.

Youre right on the price, I asked for a spare bulb set when we went to france, renault didnt have one for the mk2 as they said the xenons are about £120 each, so I bought a mk1 set and if questioned i would have said that renault sold me the wrong one !

Astra 1.9cdti XP

You must also bear in mind that to be 100% legal you would have to put the 172 bumper with the headlight washers. As by law all xenons must come with headlight washers.....dont ask me why!!!!!

thats becoz the dirt eg dead bugs will make the xenon light glare all over the place it will reflect off the body of the dead bugs n dirt haha thats why u need to have washers to clean them

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Quote: Originally posted by geordiepaul on 25 November 2002

You must also bear in mind that to be 100% legal you would have to put the 172 bumper with the headlight washers. As by law all xenons must come with headlight washers.....dont ask me why!!!!!
So youre saying the cup doesnt come with Xenons then?

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

yeah...you can adjust the level of clio headlights so when your car is fully loaded at the back you can dip the lights so they dont blind on coming traffic

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Horace, As viceroy said but I seem to remember someone saying you have to have autoleveling on the xenon lights otherwise you can get it through the UK comformity.

being honest...why would you want them! the dynamique lights are very good, and there is many other options to spend your money on

Hi everybody

many thanks for the advise what else could i do if not to get the units themselves..i.e diferent bulbs

Any help appreciated

Thanks

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

personally, and this is only my opinion

If my car comes with Xenon headlights.. Great ! Bonus !

If not, I can still see where I am going, okay maybe the dont have the blue discharge, is it really worth trying to add them ? I think not.