ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon lights problem?

172 & 200 CUP
just noticed my passenger side xenon has stopped working, does anyone know what might have caused it?

or how much would it cost to repair it? thanks!

check the covers on the back, water might have gotten in..... try it tommorow to see if its dried out..

172 & 200 CUP
if the water has gone in, wouldn't it short circuit the bulb and hence breaking it?
i will do the above checks..........hope is alright...........i've heard these lights are not cheap to repair!!!!!!!!!!

immi had this problem when he first washed his car with them on.....let them dry out and they were fine.... unless the bulb has acctually gone on yours....id give it a day though

172 & 200 CUP
nice one m8, will see tomorrow............hope it doesn't rain tonight........

do you know the cost of replacing one of them is?

182 inside
replacement bulb is about £80 and the ignitor (alloy box of tricks which is attached to bottom of headlight is £140. hope it works.

cheers
graham

172 & 200 CUP
have you replace one recently or you work for renault?

thanks anyway, at least i know how much to expect............

have just checked all the fuses near the passenger side, all seems fine!

but under the bonnet, i realise the cover was loose on the box which is right behind the xenon cap, there seems to have a few fuses there, would that be a problem?

megane 225
I had a problem where my passenger side one just wouldnt light up, i know it isnt much help but it just sorted itself out in the end.
It was raining at the time aswel.

Last edited:
take the main rubber cover off and get a hairdryer on it for a few mins and see if it works.... i know immi did that when it happend to his

172 & 200 CUP
will give that a go later then..........

another question.....what's the best way to put the cap back on? i took it off this morning to see if there's any loose wire, but can't manage to put it back in..........

you gotta have very very small hands......

its a wierd fit...just keep playing with it should just go on and stay there.... like the lip on the cover fits over the the plastic on the actual unit just about...needs a bit of fiddling though

172 & 200 CUP
the Xenon blub is 150.........also there's a controller/adjustor that has gone too, which is another 180.................

these HID Xenons are not cheap at all..................

172 & 200 CUP
clio is 2003, around 35k on the clock...........

OMG, should have told me about that earlier................

how about the controller unit? ebay?

why is Renault charging 150 while some places selling at 15?

ST
Because they can i guess...some people will just go in and pay it without bothering to shop around mate..

clio 182
same thing happened to me on the drivers side.had water in my leadlamp.so bought a new bulb for 140 sumfing.ridiculous if u ask me.took it into renault and complained about the damp in the headlamp and they fitted me a new headlamp and gave me a refund on my bulb.
well shocked i must say.

172 & 200 CUP
hey m8, what's the full story? i brought the bulb, but the adjuster has also gone too, and the adjuster is another £180, which i haven't brought yet, since the bulb cost me £145, gotta wait for another month...not made of gold like Renault is!

is your car still under warranty or something? what actually you said to them?

i mean, i am thinking of getting a whole set of HID kit for around £150..i was in a rush, so had to get the bulb from Renault, but turns out not just the bulb, it f**ks me off so much!

i still haven't gotta it fixed yet! and FCS is next week!!!!!

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
hey m8, what's the full story? i brought the bulb, but the adjuster has also gone too, and the adjuster is another £180, which i haven't brought yet, since the bulb cost me £145, gotta wait for another month...not made of gold like Renault is!

is your car still under warranty or something? what actually you said to them?

i mean, i am thinking of getting a whole set of HID kit for around £150..i was in a rush, so had to get the bulb from Renault, but turns out not just the bulb, it f**ks me off so much!

i still haven't gotta it fixed yet! and FCS is next week!!!!!

You can get the bulbs for £80 on eBay. Cant see both the adjuster and bulb going at the same time. If they have try a scrappy, will be much cheaper than a stealer.

ps.parts are cheaper from Renault in Spain than the uk so whilst someone you know is in shagamuff get them to pick the parts up;)