ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

xenon problem

BG182FF
How do you know whether it is the ballast, ignitor or the bulb that is broke. My passenger xenon has gone out, but have noticed when i turn my lights on, it flickers then goes out. It flickers like for a second. Any help is appreciated before i take my bumper off.

172 sport
Swap the bulbs about same with igniter and ballast bumper off job but at least you know what's wrong or needs replacing mate

BG182FF
do you know what part the ignitor is mate, i only know about the ballast which is the pack at bottom of the headlight thanks

BG182FF
ah i see, thanks for that, will have a look when i get time to get bumper off. Just thought somebody would of had same problem. It wont even flicker now so totally gone.

172 sport
Mine was the same mate it happend to me after changing bulbs it went similar to your problem then nothing I swapped igniters it worked for couple of hours then dead so after many hours on e bay here and Internet I tracked a ballast took bumper of swapped ballast around I was back to two headlight lol

BG182FF
yeah i changed my bulbs about six months ago too lol. maybe its the ballast for me too. May try source i second hand one, how much are they now? i will be putting my old bulbs back in :)

Astra (H) VXR
Had a similar problem it was the bulb. It used to come on for a short period but never Get as bright as the other then flicker and go out.

BG182FF
i have my old bulbs i can put in, might have to try it before buying a ballast or ignitor then. It could just be the bulb fingers crossed, just findin the time to do it