ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenons on a 1.2 16v

Mk2 Ph1 172
Has any one got any advice on how to put a set of xenon headlamps in to a 1.2 16v, and how hard it is to do?

Da

Less
easy, hardest bit is finding them. I have them on mine.

newxenons003.jpg

View attachment 15613

Last edited:
  dCi 100
Plug and play, mate.

you need the headlighs and the starters, but they usually come together :)

Da

Less
yeah totally standard fitment despite what some people on here might tell you.

Clio 1.4 16V Privalige
They use the same wiring as the standard lights and they bolt in the same place (after removing the bumper) To make them legal you will have to fit the headlight washer jets (I have done this but NONE of the wiring is there and you have to DIY) The auto leveling computer has to be fitted too and again none of the wiring is there. I have also fitted this and it works perfectly. There are SIX wires to connect up but you have to get the wiring connetor for the computer from a scrappy. It is very easy to wire in with most of the wires connecting to the radio and one to the Headlight adjuster switch. The last one was a bit tricky the Green wire has to connect to the socket under the ash tray but again not rocket science.
Hey presto fully legal xenons

Clio 1.4 16V Privalige
They will work. Just to point out. I got a pair of 182 xenons GREY ONES and the connectors for the height adjusters was different but I just used the old ones from the standard lights

Da

Less
exactly, i fitted the adjustors from my old headlights. The auto-levelling is a grey area TBH most places will only check for washers at MOT time etc. Just make sure the beam pattern is correct and I doubt the leveller will be checked.

Da

Less
depends how complicated you want to make things really. The 172/182's with the washers have the 5 second delay on them which is UCH controlled on a second pump. I added mine and simply branched off the screen washer tubing down to the headlights. Much simpler and still effective.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
i had to modify my block connectors

Yup the wires on duttys had to be reversed.

Block connector was differnt type.

Other then that everythign has been covered above.
Make sure u tell ur insurance company, dont want them catching fire and taking ur car with it lol

Clio 1.4 16V Privalige
Yes extra pump, new washer bottle (TWICE THE SIZE) the wiper motor +arms have to come out to fit it. Not too hard but don't start late as I did and run out of daylight. I used a relay from Vauxhall to make them work as I said none of the wiring is there and I had to make it myself. The hose you can buy from Halfords but the proper hose from Renault is only slightly more expensive and much better. the jets are about £6 each from renault and don't forget to order the nuts that hold them in place (THESE ARE NOT STANDARD)
You will also need a new windscreen washer pump as it is different to the standard one. The wiring connector for this is the same but you will need another connector from the scrappy for the headlight pump.

Da

Less
you got 172 or 182 xenons Has? What age is your car? Strange that some need altering and some don't? :S

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Mines a 2001

and Duttys was a 2004/5 model (new shape)

They both needed the block changing. Using 172 lamps.
Also same for the 182 lamps currently on mine.