ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenons ON, during the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
People having opinions that differ to my own make me mad too.

Grrrrr

Woooo saaaaaah

Martin-Lawrence.jpg

VaVa
I don't in broad daylight. Pointless imho. People pull out on you because they've either a) not looked at all, or b) they've looked, spotted you and thought "f**k you pal, I'm pulling out anyway, you can brake".

I do at dusk. Can be hard to see cars when looking into low sun. Always in rain and always when in town. Slags love teh blue tinge, innit.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
6000k's are less blinding than the xenons I had on my Clio!

It's the f**king retards who don't know what a beam setter is that's the problem!

DCi 100
That's becuase all new cars seem to be coming out with daytime run lamps or the stupid LED lamps that all the chavs seem to be retro-fitting to make their Corsa look more Audi... maybe its a new EU wanker type approval directive?

Not read the whole thread so don't know if it's been mentioned but..

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/safety/daytime-running-lights.html

No retro fitting needed but new cars have to have them.

Personally have them on day and night for the same reason as everyone has mentioned with visibility etc.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Side light stunter here, cant afford Xenons. Maybe i should wear a high vis jacket whilts driving, might make people see me :(

But surely if there appears to be a gap in traffic at night, the driver waiting to pull out will think "woah f**k about. Gap in the traffic? Nah. Must be a car with no lights"

Right?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
One of the best/first/most retarded threads on the internet!

Pmsl @ "just so we're clear"!

My car is that clean the reflection is powerful enough to melt tyres. Nobody pulls out on me.

True, innit.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Side light stunter here, cant afford Xenons. Maybe i should wear a high vis jacket whilts driving, might make people see me :(

If everybody wore hi-vis jackets when driving, does that make everyone invisible?

For the record, I don't have xenons either :dapprove:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Better tell the H&S guys on site :(

High vis bonnet bra group buy for the non Xenon playerz?

If everybody wore hi-vis jackets when driving, does that make everyone invisible?

For the record, I don't have xenons either :dapprove:

Fcuk about, if this shizzle is true then the army is in a world of poo poo.

If everybody in the army wears camouflage, then will you be able to see them all???

clio
Just so we're clear then. Using no lights makes you more visible?

Nope, just that using them on a bright day when everyone else is too doesn't make you any more visible. It's not luminance but contrast against everything else.(other cars, shiny stuff the sun etc etc )

As per camo example the best way to hide in bushes is wearing bush colored clothes.. Herego the best way to camo on a bright day when everyone has lights on is to do the same..

Last edited:
Nope, just that using them on a bright day when everyone else is too doesn't make you any more visible. It's not luminance but contrast against everything else.(other cars, shiny stuff the sun etc etc )

As per camo example the best way to hide in bushes is wearing bush colored clothes.. Herego the best way to camo on a bright day when everyone has lights on is to do the same..

I'll tell somebody at work.

The lads in afgan will be well chuffed when we send them out a whole world of torches to stick to their kit. Maybe we could send them xenon kits out, no Taliban will see them then!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.