ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenons...

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
Hi all - I did a search but couldn't find anything on this. What's the best way to keep the lights in good condition so the glass doesn't start to go funny - should I just polish them often ???
Cheers

Clio 182
Search 'headlight restoration', 3M kit works really well (used on previous cars myself), but lots of people on here talk about it too, I'm sure one the the threads covers 'sealers' also, to help prolong shine

If you need to restore them from a hazey state then as above the 3M kit is fantastic.

To protect them from the elements I use Collinite 476S wax (£17 a tin) and give mine a good coat every 4 weeks or so. It's very durable (8-12 months) and as its made for the bodywork it doubles up well to protect lights and paintwork.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I use Collonite 476s as well. Give an extra layer of protection and works well.

I think I'm going to have to buy this Collonite 476s stuff as thats twice its been mentioned to me in the last 5mins.

Is it simply on and off ?

You polish it in until you can't see it any more. Sometimes it takes a while because it's quite a hard wax.

I use it on my paintwork but always give the lights a once over as well.