ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

XHP Flashtool F30 330D

OK, so i'm a year into ownership and my renewal has come in £200 cheaper than last year so its time for some fettling.

Anyone ran this software for the F30 330D or even something using the ZF8 box? If so what are your thoughts, is it worth the £267?

Should I go for a remap instead?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Haha, sorry, actually had some work to do yesterday 😂

My only experience has been with the e9* platform so far, but for that, its a massive massive change, that is a ruddy old bo now though, the ZF8 in my M135i was light years ahead, so perhaps the law of dimishing returns applies for the F platform, im not sure?

e92 330d Stage 2: https://www.cliosport.net/threads/sensible-car-e92-330d.812119/post-11580634
e91 335i Stage 3: https://www.cliosport.net/threads/e91-335i-the-unicorn.829542/post-11860306

I'll be putting it on the e70 X5 once ive had the gearbox oil changed (y)

@Christopher has it on his e91 335d as well.

Haha, sorry, actually had some work to do yesterday 😂

My only experience has been with the e9* platform so far, but for that, its a massive massive change, that is a ruddy old bo now though, the ZF8 in my M135i was light years ahead, so perhaps the law of dimishing returns applies for the F platform, im not sure?

e92 330d Stage 2: https://www.cliosport.net/threads/sensible-car-e92-330d.812119/post-11580634
e91 335i Stage 3: https://www.cliosport.net/threads/e91-335i-the-unicorn.829542/post-11860306

I'll be putting it on the e70 X5 once ive had the gearbox oil changed (y)

@Christopher has it on his e91 335d as well.
Cheers Dave, yeah thats the worry that the ZF8 is that good its wont make much difference.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I've seen some rave about the changes it makes to the gearbox but not met anyone first hand who's done it.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Cheers Dave, yeah thats the worry that the ZF8 is that good its wont make much difference.

Thats the thing, the main difference for me was the changes in the torque convertor lockup ...
I mean in the ZF6 if feels like it doesnt do it till about 4k rpm sometimes 😂 the ZF8 is something daft like 800rpm so it already feels great.

Thats the thing, the main difference for me was the changes in the torque convertor lockup ...
I mean in the ZF6 if feels like it doesnt do it till about 4k rpm sometimes 😂 the ZF8 is something daft like 800rpm so it already feels great.
Main reasons I want it is because in comfort mode sometimes I can feel the convertor does have a bit of a delay before locking at say 50% throttle, more so when cold and also I would like to remove the stupid 2nd gear set off thing, sometimes when coming up to a junction and coming to a stop for a split second then pulling out the car stays in 2nd and then if I try and make progress it'll drop to 1st then straight back to 2nd. Most people wouldn't even notice it but I'm a bit of a weirdo.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
on a side note - is bimmercode and an OBD bluetooth adapter worth getting?

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
A few are running XHP on their M135/140 on babybmw, all seem to rate it, and said it improved the std ZF8 a lot, once my gearbox oil has been done i am going to look at it, i love the gearbox but sometimes coasting to a junction if you want to pull out quickly in comfort it hesitates and them lurches like it doesn't know which gear it should be in, it also changes up really quickly in comfort, so you end up at just over 1k revs and acceleration is limited unless you kickdown.

Think it also gives you little things like the gear number in comfort instead of D, stage 3 paddles change is supposed to be very very quick.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
on a side note - is bimmercode and an OBD bluetooth adapter worth getting?
I am going to get it soon i think, allows you to tailor the car to your preference, i.e. i would like the mirrors to fold in when i lock the car, instead of have to push the button in the car or hold the remote lock.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I am going to get it soon i think, allows you to tailor the car to your preference, i.e. i would like the mirrors to fold in when i lock the car, instead of have to push the button in the car or hold the remote lock.

I'm also considering getting it soon too, I want the stereo to go off when I open the door rather than having to wait until I lock the car or double press the stop button.

I use it on an F11 535D LCI. I think a lot of people see it as a placebo on a stock car, yes you can tweak it yourself and the likes, it does smooth a few things out, but you may not really notice. I noticed the differences more post map, most likely down to the massive hike in bottom end torque, and gains in power being held to the top RPMs. Also I would 110% recommend you don't bother mapping it on a stock intercooler if you want to keep your EGTs anywhere near the realms of standard under hard load. I think I saw a peak increase in EGT of 10C pre and post map with considerably more performance - no chance the stock cooler was doing that when it is the same one used on a 518D.

I have kept the standard 750nm torque limit on mine, at the moment anyway, so the dyno plot flat lines at this. XHP obviously allows you to bypass this, by modifying the clamping pressures, and many people have great success (even upto 950-1000nm when you have the power for it). I have considered increasing the limit, but really, do you need more than 750nm? At the moment, no! You will reap more benefits from a proper map, but like I mentioned it, there are other things to consider at the same time.

I use it on an F11 535D LCI. I think a lot of people see it as a placebo on a stock car, yes you can tweak it yourself and the likes, it does smooth a few things out, but you may not really notice. I noticed the differences more post map, most likely down to the massive hike in bottom end torque, and gains in power being held to the top RPMs. Also I would 110% recommend you don't bother mapping it on a stock intercooler if you want to keep your EGTs anywhere near the realms of standard under hard load. I think I saw a peak increase in EGT of 10C pre and post map with considerably more performance - no chance the stock cooler was doing that when it is the same one used on a 518D.

I have kept the standard 750nm torque limit on mine, at the moment anyway, so the dyno plot flat lines at this. XHP obviously allows you to bypass this, by modifying the clamping pressures, and many people have great success (even upto 950-1000nm when you have the power for it). I have considered increasing the limit, but really, do you need more than 750nm? At the moment, no! You will reap more benefits from a proper map, but like I mentioned it, there are other things to consider at the same time.
Cheers mate, knew it wouldn't be that straight forward. Will spend the money on trackdays instead (y)

Cheers mate, knew it wouldn't be that straight forward. Will spend the money on trackdays instead (y)

My mate had his F31 330D (pre-lci) mapped at the same time, he swapped the IC (like for like) and had great results. If you ever get round to it, really does transform them. Here is his before and after, 300hp/650nm.

Attachments

• 127583912_176427134123909_4550319860655568895_n.jpg
    127583912_176427134123909_4550319860655568895_n.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 84

If you want the ability to chop and change settings back and forward over time its the right solution for sure. Carly is also a good option in that respect.
Although if you just want some options setting and don't want to adjust anything else moving forwards, I use ESYSX regularly and can sort it out for you. I'm only local.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
If you want the ability to chop and change settings back and forward over time its the right solution for sure. Carly is also a good option in that respect.
Although if you just want some options setting and don't want to adjust anything else moving forwards, I use ESYSX regularly and can sort it out for you. I'm only local.
Thank you mate, appreciate it, will pm you....👍