ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

XP/Vista driver issues

2004 1.2 Dynamique
Right basically one of the sites i support have 4 new HP touchsmart PC's all in one jobby's. They have come with vista installed, although for them to run on out network currently they will have to be reinstalled with XP. Having huge problems finding XP drivers for the machines, has anyone else had problems with this?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I've normally had very little issue with HP drivers - that's mainly why I stick with their kit.

Have you got the model number of these Touchsmarts? Certainly for us, we've made sure Vista PCs are nowhere near the network. I don't trust it yet. Maybe with the imminent release of SP1 for it, it maybe more reliable?

D.

2004 1.2 Dynamique
The PC's came with vista on them

I've reinstalled them with XP and cant fnid some of the drivers, its take me a full day to find about 6 drivers, havent managed to get the drivers for...

Sound, Wireless Network and bluetooth

The model of the PCs are HP Touchsmart IQ770

Monaco 172 2/468
HP's I just normally go to the HP website, stick in the model number and download everything I need. Network drivers\motherboard\graphics, whatever

Better than yours. C*nt.
Have a look on HP's website for a Turion-based Laptop running XP and try the drivers for that - that's your best bet. If it was an Intel-based machine I'd have suggested the drivers from there. Also make sure you're using SP2 on XP, as you'll usually get most onboard audio drivers from Windows Update.

Bluetooth will be on Windows Update as well, as they're either a Toshiba bluetooth chip or Widcomm.

2004 1.2 Dynamique
I'm running XP sp2 and it doesnt pick them up automatically iv already tried it

The sound card is a soundmax i think

The wireless just comes up as HP Wireless abg device on the identifier and f**k nos with the bluetooth

Trophy #267
only thing i can suggest is finding the vendor and device id's (ie 01dc:56d3)from harware iirc (or a linux setup) and googling for them as id doubt you will find a hp xxxx xp driver if they are not natively supplied in xp.

It may just be there arent any but you may have to fudge some existing ones from the same family via the inf files