ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yank Tanks vs Import Tuners...lol! (Vid NWS)

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Now I love a good V8 yank tank purely for the noise they make and instant torque, but if I wanted to go stupid fast on a reasonable budget I'd be looking to a rice rocket. Obv this is a big thing in america land and some of the yank tank owners are lashing out, with videos like this detailing yank tanks victories over anything from jap or europe...
[youtube]MyipQHb3_Sc[/youtube]

I nearly fell out of my chair laughing when he posted videos of cars goin sideways to prove that any argument about american cars being sh*t in corners is obviously wrong :D Gotta love Americans...

Cupra
The guy who made that vid has issues. The whole domestic vs rice thing on youtube/ streetfire is boring as f**k TBH. Most vids that you see has one group slagging off the other one.

Who gives a f**k really?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I would be interested in a Z06 tbh,but after that no thanks.

Most of the american cars we just saw there were not road legal either.
TBH i dont know if i'd want jap crap either.But i do like civics still

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Stupid video. I dont know about buying an American car, unless it was a 67 Shelby Mustang GT500 :approve:

Although, Im renting a Mustang in less than 6 weeks when I head over to America :eek:

306 GTI-6
Lol. Some of those yank machines on the strip couldnt be used on the road. Surely that 4.117 seconds (or whatever) run wasnt done using a petrol powered car, and even if it was, bet that doesnt go round corners. Whats with the FWD crashes? Has a RWD car NEVER crashed like?

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Couldnt finish wathcing that video, sheer b****cks tbh.

"American cars cant corner?"

Correct asshole, in fact the reason might be that the car weighs 2 tonnes along with your fat ass taking the total to about 4 tonnes

Modified Versus Modifed, the boundaries are limitless both on American and Japanese cars. In stock form the JDM cars would rip new assholes imo

The reason Yanks don't like imports is because they do this to them;

[YOUTUBE]kyMDNzhfwn0[/YOUTUBE]

tards.

astra coupe on coilovers
EPIC FAIL TBH when i was in america i didnt see a roundabout in site so how the f**k can he say american cars handle where the feck do they test them lol mustangs have shite handling period

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Lol. Some of those yank machines on the strip couldnt be used on the road. Surely that 4.117 seconds (or whatever) run wasnt done using a petrol powered car, and even if it was, bet that doesnt go round corners. Whats with the FWD crashes? Has a RWD car NEVER crashed like?
I think it was a top fuel or top alcohol dragster, so defo not for roads or corners :D
The guy has some equally dumb comments aswell, I'm fighting temptation to tear apart the video in the comments section...

astra coupe on coilovers
I think it was a top fuel or top alcohol dragster, so defo not for roads or corners :D
The guy has some equally dumb comments aswell, I'm fighting temptation to tear apart the video in the comments section...
do it ;):approve:

Who cares.

Awesome handling cars are no fun....if your not trying to keep it out of a ditch then your just not working hard enough lol.

Besides, once you start tuning everything is thrown out the window.

Plus the yanks do quite well in the GT/le mans series........and the japs dont even register.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I'd love a hemi, but I'd never dilude myself into thinking it was an amazing car heh, I've seen Hammonds stories about his charger with boat handling and no brakes. Still want!

astra coupe on coilovers
heres a few pics from florida ;)
IMG_2383.jpg

IMG_2384.jpg

IMG_2391.jpg

IMG_2392.jpg

IMG_2394.jpg

IMG_2395.jpg

IMG_2396.jpg

IMG_2407.jpg

IMG_2406.jpg

IMG_2411.jpg

IMG_2412.jpg

IMG_2413.jpg

IMG_2414.jpg

IMG_2423.jpg

IMG_2424.jpg

IMG_2425.jpg

MERCEDES CLS AMG
The Yanks were pushing out 11 second cars through the showroom doors to Joe public back in the 60's ( Plymouth Belvedere 426 Hemi ) whilst Japan was still cooling down from Captain Tibbets visit.

The odd jap car can run a 9 or even an 8 sec quarter but you never see a 2.6 Skyline lump in a Sling shot or a Top Fueler - The MOPAR hemispherical Head V8 ( max wedge or 413 / 426 ) has proven to be one of the most powerful engines ever built in the history of Drag racing. These lumps can be taken to over 2000 bhp and are capable of 3 / 4 sec qtr miles in the right chassis.

BMW E30 325iiiiii
im surprised no1s sed "clios wood have u in the twisties"....infact just to piss him off im gonna go leave that on his comments. :rasp:

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
The Yanks were pushing out 11 second cars through the showroom doors to Joe public back in the 60's ( Plymouth Belvedere 426 Hemi ) whilst Japan was still cooling down from Captain Tibbets visit.

The odd jap car can run a 9 or even an 8 sec quarter but you never see a 2.6 Skyline lump in a Sling shot or a Top Fueler - The MOPAR hemispherical Head V8 ( max wedge or 413 / 426 ) has proven to be one of the most powerful engines ever built in the history of Drag racing. These lumps can be taken to over 2000 bhp and are capable of 3 / 4 sec qtr miles in the right chassis.

I agree,but there drag cars bar a couple.

They still also look shite.

Integra Type-R DC2
As much as I dont like american muscle, I love the sound of a Kenne Belle Cobra, or any charged Mustang for that matter.

[YOUTUBE]87n8jhVO784[/YOUTUBE]