ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yellow Koni Sport Shocks setup help

clio sport 172
Hi guys i have yellow koni sport shocks (that can be adjusted with a knob) and what would be the best adjustment for them from 0-720 deegres. I still have standard springs.

thanks!

Westy. MX5
The idea of adjustable shocks is you can play around with them to get them just right for you, thats the idea. For me though i would be having them harder at the front as my Cup is very light at the back and twiches a bit on fast cornering, making the shocks softer helps for me. Have a play with them.

tiTTy & SV650
Rears should be run harder than fronts otherwise it feels terrible.

I have run mine on full soft and it wasn't great, currently run them as follows:

1 1/4 (1.25) turns from softest at the front

1 3/4 (1.75) turns from softest at the rear

tiTTy & SV650
They're knurled so yeah, you can align to a specific knurl (bump). Make sure you turn them to full soft or full hard as a reference point and use the same reference point for each side as there may be backlash in the adjuster I.e. one turn from full soft might not be the same as one turn from full hard.

tiTTy & SV650
I'm actually just adjusting mine now and there's only 2 turns available, I didn't realise I was running them so close to full hard on the back.

clio sport 172
anyone else any experience with konis...would it be good to pair them up with eibach sportline springs?
or maybe v-maxx coliovers?
what combo would be better (only road use)

mk2 clio 172 ph1
I have mine with 1.75 turns from soft at the rear and 1.25 at the front.
makes it nice and neutral for weight shifting games.

running on standard springs thou..

mk2 clio 172 ph1
not anally accurate.. just by eye and feel.
yeah, start from full soft.

feel free to adjust them as much as you need to find that sweet spot that suits you best.
its a good thing the adjusting knobs are so accessible you can change and adjust it as much as you want really.