ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yes!!! Clio Cup Better than ST!!

MKIII 138
must be getting one for free too although he now does own a ford so maybe thats the reason.

evo said to was nose heavy and not that crisp but still a good car.

Nike Lunar Elite's
Wasn't quicker than a cup as it was greasy and he said it would have beaten both the golf gti and astra vxr on a dry track

MKIII 138
hydeyho said:
Wasn't quicker than a cup as it was greasy and he said it would have beaten both the golf gti and astra vxr on a dry track

true its greasy but the ammount of tyre heat form multiple laps (especially the way they drive) and fords generous car ECU no doubt or at least running correct claimed BHP makes all these cars really even.

i still like the fact such an old design now 2001 chassis in a 12k clio with only 172/182 bhp (well actually 168/178 if that) can keep a decent pace if not even.

just imagine if all the tweakers on here with H&R, LEDA, KW + GDI stuff i.e cup`s with 195hp and coilovers were to get driven by the stig what time they would produce

BMW 328 Ci
meggerman said:
just imagine if all the tweakers on here with H&R, LEDA, KW + GDI stuff i.e cup`s with 195hp and coilovers were to get driven by the stig what time they would produce

Any car can be quicker when you mod them, probably more so with other cars (turbo ones).

Its the same every time on this forum.
I wish people would just be happy with what they have got rather than shouting from the roof tops every time the Clio beats another car even in TOTALLY different condtions, and then moaning to hell when cars that are quicker fair and square beat them (5th gear vs CTR anyone).

megane coupe F7R
Must say, the st looked very nice for a Ford focus :eek:. In a straight line i dont think a 172/182 would keep pace with it tbh. 2.5 turbo from a volvo:cool: