ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

yoko a359s

lol at keyboard Conan

Ignore Iain, she's on her period

Yoko's are okay, great in the dry just not as effective in the wet... but then again you shouldn't be driving fast in the wet

Twingo 133
I put a set of these on after running some eagle f1s and admittedly the ultimate dry grip isnt as good, but you have to look at the cost.

I ran these at the ring and they performed great, and at the Rs brands day which many will say was very wet ;) they where gripping well and had plenty of feedback.

So in all for the price of them, i would say that they are a good tyre.

VaVa
Wouldn't touch them with a bargepole tbh. Seeing as this country is wet 85% of the time i'd say wet weather performance was quite an important factor when choosing a tyre.

But then that's my experience, tyre choice is very much a personal thing.

Spot on.

I had 205/45/16's on my 172 and didn't get on with them. I thought they lasted brilliantly myself, but there you go! As previously said, I found them shite in the wet and that they didn't perform well in the dry until fully warmed up.

Bumblebee
As said A539's are fine in the dry, but no better than most tyres on that price range tbh, maybe not conti's lol.

As for the wet, everyone drives to the conditions, however the tyres offer no re-assurance and often in wet conditions, drivers have to break to avoid objects, puddles, or other drivers.

IMO they are a poor all round tyre and better tyres can be purchased.

I have A048's on my mini, all year round, and found them to be more capable in the wet, however that is also with alot of suspension reconstruction.

M

mini-valver

Never used them, T1-R's on mine which are leagues better than the Continental's I had on 172 wheels.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I had A539s on my old astra and the same set lasted for nearly 20k miles as they transferred onto the clio. Granted I dont go flat out all the time but I have moments and certainly enjoy throwing it into corners. The grip on the yoko's was really really good I found in the dry, plenty enough for my ability as a driver and in the wet they would grip fine at the speeds that I would comfortably drive at in the wet. imo if you're losing the car in the even on the A539s you're driving like a complete tit...

BMW M4; S1000 RR
lol

"They're no good in the wet, but you shouldn't be speeding in the wet anyway".

Then what happens if you need to perform an emergency manouver at 40mph and you just go straight on ?? Michelins still a waste of money?

I just took my 6000 mile PE2s on the Ring, admitadly I wasn't pushing it to the limit every corner, and a DCI80 just doesn't have the power to get it up to speed to need anymore lateral grip in some corners, but I had them screaming and they're fine, I was running quite a high pressure (35/33 according to two different guages) which could contribute to the lack of excessive scrubbing.