ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yoko parada spec 2 ? any good

PB Clio 172
having done a search with no answer I want to know if they are any good. Wear rate its really important to me as is grip I just wanted to hear from people who have had them on their Clio's. I wanted to get some Toyo proxes 4's but can no longer get hold of them. Yoko's are in my budget so no 'so and so is a better tyre' it might be the case but wont help me

*wear rate
*wet grip/dry grip
*general feeling of them on the road

Prada spec 2's, thanks

Megane r26
I used them for a while on my old 172, didn't seem to wear to bad but as said wet grip wasn't the best but it was acceptable but in the dry they were great!

Good value for money.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
wear on them is very geometry sensitive. I like them personally, very good value. I'm not a fan of ultra grippy tyres though, prefer progressive and predictable looseness

PB Clio 172
cheers guys good to hear your thoughts about them I know tyres are a can of worms as people slate the tyre I am using now but I really rate it

yeah that's what I mean at £70 a tyre they look just what I am after, never heard of that make in the link, not sure about them

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
cheers guys good to hear your thoughts about them I know tyres are a can of worms as people slate the tyre I am using now but I really rate it

yeah that's what I mean at £70 a tyre they look just what I am after, never heard of that make in the link, not sure about them

Great tyres. I wouldn't link you to something poor.

Have a read on here. Plenty about them on google.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Vredestein/Ultrac-Cento.htm

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I thought they were brilliant in the dry when I had them, not great in the wet but not lethal and very predictable. Snow I really wasn't a fan of them tbh but then they never would be great and again they were predictable still.

I'd reccomend them. Although I currently have paradas on the rear and ps3's up front and I'm opting for the michelins shortly.

Ph1 172 (titanium)
I'm finding them alright. Good road wear, predictable, grippy enough in the dry, I don't drive like a t**t in the wet and they keep me on the road.
I think aesthetically it's a nice tire.
For £205 fitted all round (195/50/15) I would choose them again

PB Clio 172
yeah same I don't understand how you can rate wet grip on a public road when in theory you should be slowing down anyway

cheers guys all the comments are a great help

Clio 172 cup + 325ci
Had them on my old impreza..Ver very good in the dry..Dangerous in the wet.Defo a summer tyre imo

Clio.
I liked them when they first came out (I was getting them for £26 +vat at the time though).
I have done a full season of sprints/hillcllimbs and everyday road miles in between and found them a good all rounder.

Great dry tyre, I had a set on 3mm through a winter and never had any trouble.. Although they dont like standing water!

Awful tyres IMO. Shocking wet grip and sidewalls are very soft - can feel the tyre rolling around. A friend has even worn half the writing off the sidewalls before..

Ph1
Just replaced a set of Parada's on the fronts as they were getting low. Had a look at the last time i replaced them and got just under 17k's out of them! Can't argue with that for wear.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Brilliant in the dry warm weather. Just ok in wet cold weather.

Just seen it was a bump lol oh well.