ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

YOkoham Parada's for track

RIght simple question...

TRACK USE ONLY!!!!

Prada Vs the R888....

Prada £33 a corner
R888 £60(ish) a corner

Are the R888 twice as good as the Prada for Wear?
Are the R888 twice as good as the Prada for grip??

Your thoughts.

J

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Try ebay 1st I got a pair of 195/50/15's for £62 delivered about 3 months ago :cool:

172 Race Car
^^^^^^^^^#

IMAGE_042.jpg

JW

ITB 172 Cup & 197 FF
Don't suppose any one knows wether or not you can get the Paradas in 195/45/16?
I have rang our supplier at work and they dont supply and had a search and cant find anything really..

Octavia vRS tfsi
Don't suppose any one knows wether or not you can get the Paradas in 195/45/16?
I have rang our supplier at work and they dont supply and had a search and cant find anything really..

Slightly different to what you're looking for, but Black Circles do 205/40 r16

Nippy white cup
I got some paradas and tried them at the RS day at Oulton. Wasn't overly impress tbh...better than standard contis for grip but not great. They seemed to have quite weak tyre walls so felt a little too twitchy but I am comparing them to the A048's I used before which were amazing but much more expensive...and also the Paradas are apparently leathal int he wet

Chris

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
i have used paradas in both sun and rain. Both times i thought they were very good. Not the best for grip but predictable rather than GRIP GRIP NOTHING.

Renaultsport 220T
I got some paradas and tried them at the RS day at Oulton. Wasn't overly impress tbh...better than standard contis for grip but not great. They seemed to have quite weak tyre walls so felt a little too twitchy but I am comparing them to the A048's I used before which were amazing but much more expensive...and also the Paradas are apparently lethal in the wet

Chris

This must be a Lethal Weapon then... lol

2990910541_7f090baa48.jpg

2990910619_24ba5f6c87.jpg

They are great in the dry for a road tyre. I've never had a problem with sidewall wear etc. A lot better than the Pilots that wear out the outer edge. My set have seen 1 day at Brands, 1 long day at Spa, and 3 Ring trips. Fronts will do another track day in the dry. I'd say they are very challenging in the wet on track. It's all in the car control. :D

Triple 888's are better on track, as they are made for it.

:D

172, Tiguan
I give up giving advice on this forum! For track use only buy a track tyre. A parada is a road tyre.

If you can't stratch to 888's then the Hankooks are brilliant. They are a track compound with a road cut - and fine from anything up to standing water.

clio 182 + cup packs
This must be a Lethal Weapon then... lol

2990910541_7f090baa48.jpg

2990910619_24ba5f6c87.jpg

They are great in the dry for a road tyre. I've never had a problem with sidewall wear etc. A lot better than the Pilots that wear out the outer edge. My set have seen 1 day at Brands, 1 long day at Spa, and 3 Ring trips. Fronts will do another track day in the dry. I'd say they are very challenging in the wet on track. It's all in the car control. :D

Triple 888's are better on track, as they are made for it.

:D

i used a new set of prads in monsoon conditions at anglesy on the 25 october and i can say they are the best tyre in the wet by far

141B1857.jpg

a guy who was with us was using r888 on his elise and he did 7 laps all day and 3 were pace laps cos he just had no grip and was sping off every lap and really slow

cant coment on dry days as all my track time to date has been in the wet:dapprove:

clio 182 + cup packs
RIght simple question...

TRACK USE ONLY!!!!

Prada Vs the R888....

Prada £33 a corner
R888 £60(ish) a corner

Are the R888 twice as good as the Prada for Wear?
Are the R888 twice as good as the Prada for grip??

Your thoughts.

J
have both on two sets of wheels lol

r888 dry

prada 2 wet

Just toying with that idea at the mo- but I have a man who might come up with some slicks..

But if I do it will be slicks and F1's

I dont need 888's or a track/road tyre- I just know that Slicks new are £100 a corner +

Nippy white cup
i used a new set of prads in monsoon conditions at anglesy on the 25 october and i can say they are the best tyre in the wet by far

141B1857.jpg

a guy who was with us was using r888 on his elise and he did 7 laps all day and 3 were pace laps cos he just had no grip and was sping off every lap and really slow

cant coment on dry days as all my track time to date has been in the wet:dapprove:

Compared to 888 they probably are better in the wet but I'm pretty sure that (looking at most other peoples comments on here and on the net) they aren't great...challenging is fine for the people who want to be challenged but I bet most people would rather just blast round in relative safety rather than hold on for dear life on most bends

Chris

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
The paradas wasn't too bad in the wet as long as you know their limit. Could feel the understeer though which meant some lift off fun in the 197.

clio 182 + cup packs
Just toying with that idea at the mo- but I have a man who might come up with some slicks..

But if I do it will be slicks and F1's

I dont need 888's or a track/road tyre- I just know that Slicks new are £100 a corner +

no track day will allow slicks with out rollover protection/ cage

clio 182 + cup packs
The paradas wasn't too bad in the wet as long as you know their limit. Could feel the understeer though which meant some lift off fun in the 197.

i found them awsome and so did the three other people using them that day

also if your car is not set up for the wet it will have no grip if your running non stadard suspension and the dampening is to hard it will have poor grip in corners

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Yeh but for £10 diff I'd rather go with somet proven.

For half the price I'd take a punt on the prada's...

Prada's are on flea bay for £33

What?

Proven by who? I've heard nothing but good things about the RS2's and I'm going to be trying them in due course. As Jon also put, the Parada is a road tyre, if you're wanting track tyres why even consider them?

I'd get Michellins for the road and nothing else.. For track.. The Michellins are fine, but I'm always willing to try new things, but then that's my view.

172 Race Car
I give up giving advice on this forum! For track use only buy a track tyre. A parada is a road tyre.

If you can't stratch to 888's then the Hankooks are brilliant. They are a track compound with a road cut - and fine from anything up to standing water.
makes prefect sense. As you say road tyres just cant take the abuse of the high speed cornering.

Ever used the hankooks in the wet Jon?

Im thinking of R888's if its dry and RS2's for the road/very wet track

I cant be arsed to argue the toss or say just how silly you look- R888 and RS2's are road tyres... by the very nature that they're road legal.

Why not do it properly and give some proper advice- oh sorry (excuse the sarcasm) jon_r already has.

"For Track use only buy a track tyre"

Therefore I am going to buy some avon slicks and some avon cut slicks for the wet.

Settled!

But back to the original point- which there are varying views on.

R888's are almost twice the price as Prada's.

Are R888 twice as good in wear and grip?

As an example if I do 4 track days at Donnington- will I use 1 set of prada's as aposed to 2 sets of R888's.

I'm knew to the Renault "scene" and my supply of part worn slicks has dried up so just asking a question.

Thanks for the help thus for.

Sort of - in a jokey, tongue in cheek sort of way lol.

No harm intended- more pissed off I cant edit my post to correct the crap grammer and spelling- makes me look like a 12 yr old chav.

Jake

172, Tiguan
Jake thats a rediculous post you've made. Its clear for the world to see that the RS2's and the 888's aren't a road tyre. Yes they are E marked and are road legal, but they are not intended for sole road use like a Parada is. You'd be mad to try and drive on a 888 all year round.

You'll find that some trackday companies won't allow slicks, some unless your car is fully caged and some just not at all.

For me doing 10+ trips a year to the Ring and various other trackdays the RS2's are fine in everything up to heavy standing water - and then I can drive home at the end of the day. They don't offer the ultimate dry weather grip that the 888's do, but then they are better in the wet, they last longer and they are a fair chunk cheaper.

To answer your original question, the 888's will give you significantly more grip in the dry than the Yoko's, but then the Yoko's will probably offer you more grip in the wet. Your best solution would be to get the 888's if you must have them and then have some cheap road tyres on spare wheels to drive you home on.