ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yokohama Parada Spec-2, pe2's or F1? tyre choice

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
after returning from my sking trip to find nicole, my 182 had a flat rear tyre in stanstead long term carpark i feel the need to get four new tryes. I have done 2100miles and swopped front to back on 12500 miles so all 4 need doing as they have bout 1mm till the markers are up.

i have been on mytyres.com to find some quotes and they are as follows:

Goodyear EAGLE F1 GS-D2
205/45 R16 83W
With mytyres.co.uk only £ 72.20

Michelin Pilot EXALTO PE2
205/45 R16 83V Rim-protectionleiste
With mytyres.co.uk only £ 78.80

or.... ;)

Nankang NS-2
205/45 R16 83V
With mytyres.co.uk only £ 39.50

As i live in the sticks i will be using a company called www.eventmobiletyres.com who do fitting at your home/work when needed. So i need to get some cheap quotes so that they can price match as on their websites pe2's are over 100 quid fitted and balanced etc.

So what should i go for? stick to pe2's, go for eagle F1's or try the prada spec-2's? I can't seem to find any one who sells the prada online for a quote.

I went on quick fit and they where s**t. didn't even have 182 size. i am correct that the 182 is 205/45/16/v?

any one got any good sites to get quotes or suggestions?

ta

shouldnt realy sap tires front to back. you want the BEST tyres on the rear to prevent the back end stepping out!

motorworld sell the paradas through their s**t kroozin site, 79 quid a corner but i got mine from motorworld shop for 70 a corner. then 7 quid a corner fitting.

reason i went for paradas was due to the pe2's just wanting to squeel and slide round elvington airfield.

yes 205/45/16 v rated

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i'm a man, i can take on a bit of rear action ;)

where did you get 7 quid a corner fitting from? through motorworld?

parada any good? whats the wear like? :)

dunno about the wear.. guessing they will wear faster than the pe2's as theyre alot softer.

havent really pushed them on these lethal roads. seem good though. and they look awesome ;)

7 quid a fitting was from local tyre and exhaust place. discounted through work. shoulda been 9 quid a corner.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
so bout 9 quid a coner fitting then. (for my email to eventmobile tyres.. ;))

hmmm shame they are a lot softer, as i want them to last bout 20k again tbh. but it is still an option! cheers :)

you must drive like a granny.

my fronts lasted 14k. soem people on here only get like 8k from theirs..

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i would get this thread locked if i said how i drive it ;)

i do a lot of motorway miles which makes up the most of my journeys tbh so they last well.

back on topic... ;) any one know if the Eagle F1's are softer than the pe2's?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
yeah i want to speak to andy bout it aswell as i knew he was in the prada user group.

Weeman sucks ****
I have the same decision to make myself but F1's aren't on my list, already tried those and didn't get on with them. Like the idea of the paradas but as I do 110 motorway miles a day I'm not sure how they'll hold up?!

Any feedback on these 2 tyres will be great.

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
Only had them on a couple of weeks. Grip in the dry is very very good. Grip in wet is not so good ;)

I would imagine they would not last anywhere near as long as a PE2 as they're a softer compound.

seb182 said:
last long? better than pe2's in yr opinion?

mine were quite slippy tonight in the wet.. dont think the autoglym vinyl and rubber care i treated them to will have helped though.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Yokos have always been sh*te in the wet - A520,A539(sh*te fullstop),AVS..etc..

Not tried these but following the same path. Why dont you just get some trackday tyres as they will be as good as the Yoko's in the wet but will whoop ass in the dry. For me a winterset of PE2's and a summer set of DJ01/KumhoV70's.

Best all round road tyre is the PE2.........

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
EVOgone said:

Not tried these but following the same path. Why dont you just get some trackday tyres as they will be as good as the Yoko's in the wet but will whoop ass in the dry. For me a winterset of PE2's and a summer set of DJ01/KumhoV70's.

yeah i reckon i wil be staying with the pe2's tbh, just fancied a change. what you running evogone? PE2's and the others for summer?

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
seb182 said:
yeah i reckon i wil be staying with the pe2's tbh, just fancied a change. what you running evogone? PE2's and the others for summer?

PE2 as they are very consistant in all weathers so use these day to day. Getting some DJ01 or Kumho V700/Z70A's on my other set of turinis for track/summer.

Parads seem OK in the dry but in the WET they are not the best..

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
EVOgone said:

Echo that! 539's are terrible in the wet! The Potenza's a good tyre too...