ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GoodYear Tyres

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Looking to get a pair of new tyres soon and going for 205/45/16 this time rather than 195.At the moment I have the rainsports3 which are good but I find the sidewall bit to weak and flex's to much,on my 205 I had Goodyear Eagle F1's which I really liked,so I'm looking to get either the old F1 GSD3 or the Asymmetic range prob the 3.Anyone running these?.

Below the Asymmentric3
Goodyear-Eagle-F1-Asymmetric-3-on-white.jpg

Below the GSD3
goodyear-eagle-f1-gsd3.jpg

Looking to get a pair of new tyres soon and going for 205/45/16 this time rather than 195.At the moment I have the rainsports3 which are good but I find the sidewall bit to weak and flex's to much,on my 205 I had Goodyear Eagle F1's which I really liked,so I'm looking to get either the old F1 GSD3 or the Asymmetic range prob the 3.Anyone running these?.

Below the Asymmentric3View attachment 156833
Below the GSD3
View attachment 156832
Didn't know you can get Asymmetric 3 in 205/45/16
I have Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 205/45/16 on the front and Michelin pilot sport 3 on the rear
The Goodyear's side wall is not much firmer than the Uniroyal rain sport 2 the Michelin ps3 is a lot better and stiffer in xtra load (xl)
Both tyres have similar wet and dry grip.
The Goodyear has less road noise and is more comfortable thanks to its softer sidewall.
The Michelin has better turn in and feel but more road noise firmer ride I don't know of a better road tyre than the Michelin although they are expensive.
Michelin for the corners Goodyear for the straights/motorway.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I just found out mate you cant get them for 205/45/16 the Asymmetric 3's 😧

Yeah I'm looking at midrange prices,really thinking of getting the GSD3's or any other ones people can recommend?.i know most of you like the Michelin ps3's.Also some side photos of 205 width would be cool to please to see how they sit.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I have had about 4 sets of GSDS3's on my 172 and 182's. They used to be the go to tyre before Michelin PS3's. Pilot Exalto's were 20% more expensive than the goodyear F1's so most people went for the F1's as they had just as good grip but better wet weather ability. They dont quite last as long as Exalto's and the only other issue which is stupidly minor is they collect stones easily and its good to keep a crap key on your keychain that you can use for prying out stones from the V pattern tread. They are amazing tyres and a lot cheaper than michelins. Well worth going for them, you will be impressed.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah yokos are a good tyre mate,all down to cost really isn't it on how much i want to spend.suppose i can sell on the tyres i have at the mo to get a little money back.